• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels tender Raisel Iglesias the QO (Iglesias rejects)

mmc

I forget who made the comment or in which thread, but someone mentioned that making the QO was some sort of good gesture to Iglesias. I said the player wouldn’t see it that way. 

Yesterday Scott Boras was asked what he had to say about the White Sox not offering it to Rodon: “Thank you.”

No player who is good enough to be a candidate for it wants it because it hurts his market (to differing degrees depending on the player). 

It probably hurts Iglesias more than it helps him. 

15 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I forget who made the comment or in which thread, but someone mentioned that making the QO was some sort of good gesture to Iglesias. I said the player wouldn’t see it that way. 

Yesterday Scott Boras was asked what he had to say about the White Sox not offering it to Rodon: “Thank you.”

No player who is good enough to be a candidate for it wants it because it hurts his market (to differing degrees depending on the player). 

Do you think it possibly hurts their chances of signing him? Or is he kind of in a pickle where he almost has to re-sign because many teams aren't going to want to give up a draft pick for him?

That 2nd question is loaded af so I apologize.

4 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Do you think it possibly hurts their chances of signing him? Or is he kind of in a pickle where he almost has to re-sign because many teams aren't going to want to give up a draft pick for him?

No. I think it helps their chances slightly because they are the only team that can sign him without giving up a draft pick. 

It’s not going to make a huge enough difference to where he has no choice though. 

My only point to this was that his feelings weren’t going to be hurt by not getting a QO, especially not if the Angels had already talked to him about a multi year deal, which they I’m sure did. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

57 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I believe that's why Dodgers DIDN'T offer Kershaw a QO. It was a thank you to him. If they can't come up with a deal their supporting him getting all he can. 

friedman literally said this. he said, they didn't want to give him an artificial timeline while he and his wife are deciding what to do with their future, and also they did this out of respect for him and his standing with the dodgers.

13 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

So Dodgers not offering Kershaw QO helps him and maybe Dodgers also. Dodgers gave him time to figure out what he wants to do. With health issues Dodgers maybe do not want him back at over 18 mill.

20 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

No. I think it helps their chances slightly because they are the only team that can sign him without giving up a draft pick. 

It’s not going to make a huge enough difference to where he has no choice though. 

My only point to this was that his feelings weren’t going to be hurt by not getting a QO, especially not if the Angels had already talked to him about a multi year deal, which they I’m sure did. 

This is a little far-fetched, but I always wondered why he wasn't traded at the deadline - and the only reasons that made sense were that no one offered anything useful for him - that seems pretty unlikely - what a huge add for a stretch/playoff run - or there was a kind of "gentleman's agreement" that both sides were committed to signing him - and that would seem to require some kind of deal framework.  

Neither reason seems very likely - yet ... 

So wondering if you'd caught wind of any explanation for why he wasn't moved?

IMO, he may not fit financially - which would be a shame, he seems to really want to be here.   

On 11/11/2021 at 8:30 AM, tdawg87 said:

It gives the Angels something like a $5 million advantage over another team.

2 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

This is a little far-fetched, but I always wondered why he wasn't traded at the deadline - and the only reasons that made sense were that no one offered anything useful for him - that seems pretty unlikely - what a huge add for a stretch/playoff run - or there was a kind of "gentleman's agreement" that both sides were committed to signing him - and that would seem to require some kind of deal framework.  

Neither reason seems very likely - yet ... 

So wondering if you'd caught wind of any explanation for why he wasn't moved?

IMO, he may not fit financially - which would be a shame, he seems to really want to be here.   

Because that would have signaled to the fan base that they were giving up on the 2021 season and Arte doesn't do that. He doesn't do firesales or even mini firesales. He loves to dwell in mediocrity. Trading Raisel was the SENSIBLE thing to do and would have made the team better for 2022 and beyond but Arte doesn't care about that. I can't stand the owner of my favorite baseball team and that sucks.

20 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Because that would have signaled to the fan base that they were giving up on the 2021 season and Arte doesn't do that. He doesn't do firesales or even mini firesales. He loves to dwell in mediocrity. Trading Raisel was the SENSIBLE thing to do and would have made the team better for 2022 and beyond but Arte doesn't care about that. I can't stand the owner of my favorite baseball team and that sucks.

Do you need a hug?  This is all just dumb.  

14 hours ago, Tank said:

Read into this what you will, but I’m having lunch at Taco Bell on Friday.

Thats all I’m at liberty to disclose right now.

I thought all contract negotiations were done at the Del Taco on State College Blvd. Is this Perry’s way of crushing the “secret cabal’s” hold on the team?