• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

4 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Billy making moves.

who can blame him 

Signing someone by grossly overpaying is not really an admirable quality for a GM.  Glad Billy is doing this to the Mets and didn't do it to the Angels.

More than I thought he would get. You think after his last huge contract, he would want to play on a team that had a better chance of winning the World Series. I mean, the Mets are sure trying to win right away with the moves they've made over the last year but the Dodgers are in a much better win now situation for him. I guess he was just about the money but also you can make the argument that he wanted to be a part of what the Mets are doing.

So who is going to bring up the threads and posts about the user's here that really thought the Angels were going to sign him?

9 minutes ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

Dominos! Let's go Perry!

Scherzer was a much needed domino to fall. 

Should be a busy day today. I'm guessing Stroman, Ray, Greinke, Kershaw and Rodon will all sign by tomorrow. 

Maybe a trade or two for starting pitching as well. 

Going to be a crazy day. Wish I didn't have to conduct a few training sessions and have so many meetings. Gah

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

Signing someone by grossly overpaying is not really an admirable quality for a GM.  Glad Billy is doing this to the Mets and didn't do it to the Angels.

Honestly though, that's how most of these things play out. When was the last time someone said, "hmm... Thought he would have signed for more" about a top tier pitcher. If you want one you need to overpay. 

I've been a little iffy on Scherzer because of his age, but if you were confident in him and he was your top target then you should absolutely overpay if it gets him to sign. 

17 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Scherzer was a much needed domino to fall. 

Should be a busy day today. I'm guessing Stroman, Ray, Greinke, Kershaw and Rodon will all sign by tomorrow. 

Maybe a trade or two for starting pitching as well. 

Going to be a crazy day. Wish I didn't have to conduct a few training sessions and have so many meetings. Gah

Just say diarrhea. They'll understand.

Unpopular take but personally I'd rather pay Scherzer $130M over 3 years instead of paying Ray $125M over 5 years. AAV and age factors are real, but the payout remains around the same in the end and one guy is bringing a 1st ballot HOF resume with no signs of slowing down vs a guy coming off a career year.

Angels gotta get Ray now though since he is the best available arm on the market unless they go the trade route

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Unpopular take but personally I'd rather pay Scherzer $130M over 3 years instead of paying Ray $125M over 5 years. AAV and age factors are real, but the payout remains around the same in the end and one guy is bringing a 1st ballot HOF resume with no signs of slowing down vs a guy coming off a career year.

Angels gotta get Ray now though since he is the best available arm on the market unless they go the trade route

Really hard to address other needs - specifically closer - if you sign Scherzer to 3/$130m. 

I'd rather have Ray and a good closer than Scherzer and fuck all.

7 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

It makes me smile seeing the Dodgers give up so much in the Turner/Scherzer trade to see Scherzer sign with a new team. Love to see it. 

This. 

Plus (whether true or not), you can troll all your dodger fans, that he chose the mets over them.

Plus he was a no show in the world series

Hardy har har

5 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Yep, always pay the better player