• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

He seems to be a really laid-back, convivial dude who actually would love to play without the media hovering over him and next to Ohtani and Trout. So I do think the Angels are very much in play.

The main thing in our favor (that i can think of) is that who knows, maybe rendon has been selling him on it? And I imagine if Trout has gone public saying he wants him, I imagine theyve spoken directly as well.

So what happens if the Dodgers lose out on Scherzer, which would be a blow considering the prospects they gave up.

Does it become a bidding war between the Angels and Dodgers for Ray? How about trading for Castillo who the Dodgers were connected to as well?

Angels could find themselves in a very tough spot if they don't press and get some deals done. 

Cohen willing to spend whatever it takes to completely outbid everyone else, even if it means a massive overpay. He's upset about losing out on Matz and doesn't want to be embarrassed again. Scherzer probably prefers the Dodgers but if the Mets are willing to pay completely crazy, stupid money, he will probably take it.

With that said a 1, 2 of DeGrom and Scherzer is terrifying.

12 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

So what happens if the Dodgers lose out on Scherzer, which would be a blow considering the prospects they gave up.

Does it become a bidding war between the Angels and Dodgers for Ray? How about trading for Castillo who the Dodgers were connected to as well?

Angels could find themselves in a very tough spot if they don't press and get some deals done. 

This is what I'm expecting. Cincy and LA has made some trades too, they've got history. 

I could see them easily going after the Castillo + Gray + Moustakas idea that's been floated here.
Moustakas, Muncy, and Turner can share 1B/3B/2B in different permutations. 
Castillo and Gray combined are as much if not more valuable than Scherzer. 
They have the pockets to absorb all of that salary, and the prospects to offer back.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

This is what I'm expecting. Cincy and LA has made some trades too, they've got history. 

I could see them easily going after the Castillo + Gray + Moustakas idea that's been floated here.
Moustakas, Muncy, and Turner can share 1B/3B/2B in different permutations. 
Castillo and Gray combined are as much if not more valuable than Scherzer. 
They have the pockets to absorb all of that salary, and the prospects to offer back.

I can see this too which worries me if the Dodgers lose both Seager and Scherzer. Dodgers will get more aggressive and could overpower the Angels in trade or a free agent. 

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I can see this too which worries me if the Dodgers lose both Seager and Scherzer. Dodgers will get more aggressive and could overpower the Angels in trade or a free agent. 

Today could be nuts if Scherzer signs with the Mets. A lot of pivoting from a lot of teams. 

I think the Halos are in the mix and ready to move quickly to Castillo or Ray as soon as Scherzer news drops. 

Just now, totdprods said:

Today could be nuts if Scherzer signs with the Mets. A lot of pivoting from a lot of teams. 

I think the Halos are in the mix and ready to move quickly to Castillo or Ray as soon as Scherzer news drops. 

I hope so. Just worries me we are rumored favorites for Ray if we technically haven't formally met yet. 

Angels need to close deals quickly before left out teams with TONS of $ swoop in. 

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I have read that as well.  Feels an obligation to take the most dollars.  

I think this is completely false.  He might choose the most money because he wants the most money and he might choose based on the most he can get from his first choice team.

There is no way on earth he signs for the most money out of any obligation to the union.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I think this is completely false.  He might choose the most money because he wants the most money and he might choose based on the most he can get from his first choice team.

There is no way on earth he signs for the most money out of any obligation to the union.

Ok

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I really hope the angels aren’t waiting on Scherzer.  Will just make the bidding stiffer on Ray and Scherzer.  Lol this is exactly how they’re going to lose out on everyone. 

I mean..it’s clear the plan is to trade rendon in the Castillo/gray/hosmer trade and bring in Kris Bryant. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I really hope the angels aren’t waiting on Scherzer.  Will just make the bidding stiffer on Ray and Stroman.  Lol this is exactly how they’re going to lose out on everyone. 

They signed Lorenzo last night during this Scherzer situation.  I don’t think they are just waiting around.  Would you?

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I really hope the angels aren’t waiting on Scherzer.  Will just make the bidding stiffer on Ray and Stroman.  Lol this is exactly how they’re going to lose out on everyone. 

Definitely my big concern too. By waiting on Scherzer we're only making other options less realistic and more expensive, fostering more competition.