• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean i’d be disappointed but also because I’m a sicko pain piggy I would find it incredibly hilarious if the Angels are bridesmaids again this year on all these guys.  Ah well.  Hope for the best.  Snydergaard is a great get if he’s the big pitcher we end up with.  The Angels have other problem areas to address as well and starting pitching is arguably not the biggest issue any more.  I have no idea what’s going to happen. We’ll see. 

the angels have conditioned me to be like this.  It’s their fault.  Not my fault. 

Give Up Defeat GIF by CBS

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean i’d be disappointed but also because I’m a sicko pain piggy I would find it incredibly hilarious if the Angels are bridesmaids again this year on all these guys.  Ah well.  Hope for the best.  Snydergaard is a great get if he’s the big pitcher we end up with.  The Angels have other problem areas to address as well and starting pitching is arguably not the biggest issue any more.  I have no idea what’s going to happen. We’ll see. 

the angels have conditioned me to be like this.  It’s their fault.  Not my fault. 

Yeah it’s the same thing every year. They have a player they want and the player blows shit out of their mouth that they want to play with the Angels they are a good fit and they have great players, just to sign with someone else. The Angels then say they tried but they wanted to much money and that will be it, another disappointing free agent chance gone down the drain.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

There are scenarios for the Angels imo.  Where they don’t get Scherzer/Stroman/Ray that ends up being a better situation. 

Oh, I agree.  I was just making the joke that that seems to be the rumor after all the big free agent signings of the last few years.  "The Angels were in on Player X," "The Angels tried for Player Y," etc.

If it winds up being Gray and Syndergaard, the bright side is it makes the avenue a lot clearer for retaining Iglesias and possibly addressing RP, C, and SS, maybe even RF, a little more doable.

It also probably 1) allows payroll flexibility to still pursue a Luis Castillo or Sonny Gray trade and 2) makes it easier to deal a young arm in that trade.

Edited by totdprods

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

If it winds up being Gray and Syndergaard, the bright side is it makes the avenue a lot clearer for retaining Iglesias and possibly addressing RP, C, and SS, maybe even RF, a little more doable.

If it ends up being Syndergaard and Gray then they’ve once again failed to properly address their need for pitching and we can start looking ahead to next years FA class

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

If he chooses the Rangers, the money difference gotta be massive

Not at all. Texas has lower taxes and a ton more freedom. Cost of living is a fraction of CA do your dollar goes further, and there's a lot more open space. 

As much as I love CA, I don't blame anyone for choosing another state. 

Just now, Second Base said:

Not at all. Texas has lower taxes and a ton more freedom. Cost of living is a fraction of CA do your dollar goes further, and there's a lot more open space. 

As much as I love CA, I don't blame anyone for choosing another state. 

The property tax in Texas is 3x that of CA. You actually pay more in taxes annually if you own a home than you pay in state taxes here. 

the state gets you somewhere they just like to push the agenda that you don’t pay state income tax lol. It’s bs

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

If I lived in Arkansas or Oklahoma I’d take less money to live in so cal. Hell he’d be able to buy a duplex and move his whole family here lol. 

Me too.  But as Ettin mentioned the money, there is no state tax in Texas, and homes are much cheaper than here.