• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

Seems like there was also some recent smoke that the Dodgers were revisiting Seager and those talks had picked back up. Could be because there isn't much traction in Texas (especially with Semien now in the fold), money with the Yankees, or commitment with Detroit.

Might be because the Dodgers were starting to feel re-signing Scherzer wasn't as likely. 

Just now, bloodbrother said:

Too many other needs for the Angels. This only works if, again, Arte is all in on blowing past the luxury tax threshold.

You could get Ray + Iglesias for something close to 40M... Granted longer term but that's such a better way to spend this money.

Remember, the Mets pretty much have to overpay to get Max. He's basically said as much. 

So $40m+ AAV from NYM doesn't mean the Angels need to pay that. Doesn't rule it out, but it isn't a given.

Give him $25m in '22 to help accommodate other needs, a record-breaking $40m in '23, and give him the third year at $25m in '24. 3/$90.

Edited by totdprods

2 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I’d have no issue with a vesting option for a third year for Scherzer based on innings pitched. But honestly, if the options are Scherzer at $40mil, or Ray and Iglesias combined at $40mil, I’d take the latter. 

In truth, I’d just be thrilled if we have 40mil left to spend.  A lot of holes can be addressed with that amount.