• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

Ray started doing 2 a days in the gym prior to a contract year. He got into the BSOHL and had a career year.

Will he be as motivated going forward? That’s the big question with him. We don’t exactly have a good track record when it comes to these things

That's why I think of the quartet I kind of prefer Stroman...

Ray is pretty dependent on maintaining control, which he corralled this year. Gausman took it to another level with his splitter...but he's quite reliant on that pitch. Scherzer arguably had the best year of his career, but that's not likely to repeat at his age. Stroman isn't really reliant on any one thing, which makes him a little less dominant from the others, but there's a bigger safety net. 

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

That's why I think of the quartet I kind of prefer Stroman...

Ray is pretty dependent on maintaining control, which he corralled this year. Gausman took it to another level with his splitter...but he's quite reliant on that pitch. Scherzer arguably had the best year of his career, but that's not likely to repeat at his age. Stroman isn't really reliant on any one thing, which makes him a little less dominant from the others, but there's a bigger safety net. 

Scherzer's year last year was actually in line with all of his previous years.  He's been remarkably consistent and dominant, posting an fWAR above 5 every year since 2013 (except for the abbreviated 2020 season).

Of course, the question with him is how much longer can he keep it going at his age.  

4 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Scherzer's year last year was actually in line with all of his previous years.  He's been remarkably consistent and dominant, posting an fWAR above 5 every year since 2013 (except for the abbreviated 2020 season).

Of course, the question with him is how much longer can he keep it going at his age.  

It's minimal, but he posted his lowest WHIP (0.86 )at age 36 vs 2017's 0.90. There's all sorts of ways to measure dominance, but like I said, arguably the best season of his career. 

It's very much a "We're trying to win in 2022 and ahhhhhh hope it works out after that!" sort of deal. If you sign him, you damn well better get a closer and some depth in the pen and bench.