• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

5 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

If Chuck was trying to tip us off with that phoenix part, then Ray does most closely match that sentence he put in there (phoenix/DBack, rise from the ashes (terrible season in 2020, Cy Young in 2021), etc.

That sentence seems to be very carefully crafted and oddly placed. I'm not sure why the sentence would be put there and worded so particularly if it wasn't a clue (whether or not we interpret that clue correctly is a different story though).

I also wonder who the "reputable source" is that Chuck refers to. He obviously won't reveal it, and we obviously find out, but is it on the player/agent side, the team side, the industry side, or someone else?

Considering he founded this website, you'd think it's an Angels-related source. If so, how would they get inaccurate information?

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

That sentence seems to be very carefully crafted and oddly placed. I'm not sure why the sentence would be put there and worded so particularly if it wasn't a clue (whether or not we interpret that clue correctly is a different story though).

Right, I'm assuming it was intentionally crafted that way to give enough info for people to guess while not actually disclosing it directly.

But, yes - our interpretation could be off.  We'll see what happens.  We'll know by Wednesday night / Thursday morning at the latest.

Ray would match the type of pitcher the GM seems to favor, and what we drafted in the last draft, power arms with elite velocity and the potential for high strikeout numbers.  

Stikeouts are becoming one of the best kinds of outs to get in this new version of baseball, (K, walk, HR) so, any chance we can increase the number of K's that our starters produce, we should take advantage of. 

Ray would be a fantastic add.

46 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Ray would match the type of pitcher the GM seems to favor, and what we drafted in the last draft, power arms with elite velocity and the potential for high strikeout numbers.  

Stikeouts are becoming one of the best kinds of outs to get in this new version of baseball, (K, walk, HR) so, any chance we can increase the number of K's that our starters produce, we should take advantage of. 

Ray would be a fantastic add.

More = less errors

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

At the end of the day, I'd talk myself into liking any of the top-tier starting pitchers if the Angels were to sign one of them.

Yeah...Ray, Stroman, Scherzer, Gausman...we're better with any one of them by quite a bit. They each have a flaw, they each have a plus, they're all in the same tier for the most part. Just get one of them, or get a Gray and stock up the bullpen.