• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Hmm with the way the Angels/Arte like to keep things tight, not sure they’d be this far along with Stroman for him to be chirping so much about free agency in general.

I agree.  I just read it as Stroman saying that he thinks he will be better than Gausman/Ray over the next 5 years.  Basically, saying that the Mets are betting on the wrong horse, so to speak.

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Hmm with the way the Angels/Arte like to keep things tight, not sure they’d be this far along with Stroman for him to be chirping so much about free agency in general.

They probably don't like it but I doubt it will stop them from signing him if they really want him.

I know people already speculated about Robbie Ray being the mystery SP that Chuck says the Angels are signing soon, but here's another reason why it could be him: we've heard hardly anything about Ray this offseason. It'd fit the Angels MO of suddenly announcing a free agent signing out of nowhere.

I doubt Stroman has agreed to, or is close to, a deal when he's tweeting non-sense everyday.

6 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I know people already speculated about Robbie Ray being the mystery SP that Chuck says the Angels are signing soon, but here's another reason why it could be him: we've heard hardly anything about Ray this offseason. It'd fit the Angels MO of suddenly announcing a free agent signing out of nowhere.

I doubt Stroman has agreed to, or is close to, a deal when he's tweeting non-sense everyday.

If Chuck was trying to tip us off with that phoenix part, then Ray does most closely match that sentence he put in there (birdie/Blue Jay, phoenix/DBack, rise from the ashes (terrible season in 2020, Cy Young in 2021)), etc.

On 11/25/2021 at 2:48 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Sorry for being really vague here, I'm really not in the business of trying to break news or anything like that, in addition to not wanting to ruin what could be huge for the Halos.....but I heard just today from a reputable source that we're signing a top tiered starting pitcher sometime over the new few days. While I know who this starting pitcher is, I cannot reveal it is at this time. 

A new birdie has risen like a phoenix from the ashes with good news to come real soon. 

Happy Thanksgiving y'all. 

I think the logical deadline for determining whether or not this is true is the probable lockout on Dec. 1.

If the Angels sign a "top tiered starting pitcher" by then, obviously Chuck's source will be right.

If the Angels don't sign a "top tiered starting pitcher" by then, I think it'd be safe to say the source was wrong.

That deadline is coming up soon, so we'll see if it's accurate. It's definitely bold to throw this info out there, and we'll find out soon enough where or not Chuck's source can be trusted.