• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

Fuck Dipoto....I will always remember how Dipoto screwed up international signings.  He essentially repeated the Sam Bowie debacle....while ignoring the obvious connection that the Angels had with Vlad jr.  The Baldoquin signing was the move Arte should have stopped....I wonder if he has any regrets?  Links below to refresh everyone's memory.

Baldoquin

Vlad Jr

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Same.  Heyman's Tweets are annoying - just basically team XYZ is interested in this player, talks on-going.

Passan is great to follow - he usually just posts when a deal is done, as opposed to the perpetual "so and so is talking.."

Paul Heyman >>>>>> Jon Heyman

“And that’s not a prediction, that’s   a spoiler.”

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I mean they entered 2021 as the youngest system in all of baseball

Is that a positive?  They didn’t have that many promotions to the MLB club.  There are going to be flameouts of draftees, but to get labeled as “youngest” means you either promoted a lot of guys or had a greater than average flameout rate of prior draftees.

25 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

Is that a positive?  They didn’t have that many promotions to the MLB club.  There are going to be flameouts of draftees, but to get labeled as “youngest” means you either promoted a lot of guys or had a greater than average flameout rate of prior draftees.

Is it a negative?  Attrition is absolutely a thing, so does having more young guys help or hurt your chances?  Would the Angels have been worse off having fewer young Latin American signees because OMG they flame out more than anyone else?  I know you want to make a point but c'mon... consider the counter to your reasoning.

There are a lot of reasons why the system is on the young side -- they focused on younger talent in recent drafts, I don't think anyone has drafted more true 17 year olds over the last 5-6 years than the Angels. It's also a byproduct of what previously promoting players who weren't ready had done to the "prospect" player pool.   There just isn't anyway around how the lack of money to address needs and the lack of organizational depth impacted the franchise.

BTW, did you sleepwalk through the CRod, Detmers, Warren, Marsh promotions?  How about the 9 other guys that made their MLB debuts?   Were 13 guys making their MLB debuts not enough?   Compare that to what say Houston did, look at the ages of the guys making their debuts in Houston and tell me what you come up with.

3 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Same.  Heyman's Tweets are annoying - just basically team XYZ is interested in this player, talks on-going.

Passan is great to follow - he usually just posts when a deal is done, as opposed to the perpetual "so and so is talking.."

Amen.   Only time Heyman has anything interesting to say is when Boras tells him what to say.

6 hours ago, Warfarin said:

While I don't think we'll necessarily see the above, it'd be neat if the Mets/Eppler's spending spree triggers Arte to spend more, lol.  Then we'd all be thankful for what Eppler is doing 😉

these are some pretty weak ass lol "facts".