• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

Saw a tweet indicating the Mets aren’t optimistic on Scherzer and are focused on Gausman, who might sign today or tomorrow.

Makes me wonder if that’s who Chuck was referring to, and the flurry of Mets’ moves last night was intended as a contingency or an effort to sway Gausman to NY.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Saw a tweet indicating the Mets aren’t optimistic on Scherzer and are focused on Gausman, who might sign today or tomorrow.

Makes me wonder if that’s who Chuck was referring to, and the flurry of Mets’ moves last night was intended as a contingency or an effort to sway Gausman to NY.

If we get Scherzer I'm posting my balls.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I read that as well, but to me it just makes Stroman more of a possibility.

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I read that as well, but to me it just makes Stroman more of a possibility.

Angels MO of radio silence makes it hard to guess. Gausman’s possible imminent signing ties with what Chuck said, but goes against how the Angels signings typically come about. Hasn’t been lick said about Stroman signing or closing in, but that goes with the typical Angels style.

Either way sure sounds like an active weekend is in store.

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Angels MO of radio silence makes it hard to guess. Gausman’s possible imminent signing ties with what Chuck said, but goes against how the Angels signings typically come about. Hasn’t been lick said about Stroman signing or closing in, but that goes with the typical Angels style.

Either way sure sounds like an active weekend is in store.

While it sucks this is occurring in the context of a labor freeze, it's refreshing to finally see an offseason where there's actually steady action from the beginning, as opposed to waiting until January/February for the bulk of moves to be made.

I agree that if we are signing someone, there will likely be no news of it until it's basically official.  It has been how Arte has operated all these years and we've seen it time and time again.

Hopeful that we get a big announcement by Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The biggest reason it could be Scherzer right now is because there’s been almost nothing said about him all winter, aside from speculation of who would pursue. 

Saw another tweet just now indicating Mets could be front runner for Gausman.

While I still greatly doubt we have the budget to sign Scherzer while addressing our other issues, it's fun to dream on a top 3 of Scherzer, Ohtani, Syndergaard.  If all 3 are healthy, I'd say we have the best top 3 in baseball, which is a crazy thing to say considering our history of average-to-below average SP.

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

If the fourth car was an agent, it likely wouldn't be a representative for either Stroman or Gausman, as they're both represented by Klutch Sports, which isn't exactly that notable. Whereas the Boras Corp, you know them. 

I still say it's Stroman. 

The fact Stroman was compelled to publicly comment on the Mets and that he landed in CA are big hints that he could’ve arrived to do a physical and it’s just a matter of tying up details.

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

If the fourth car was an agent, it likely wouldn't be a representative for either Stroman or Gausman, as they're both represented by Klutch Sports, which isn't exactly that notable. Whereas the Boras Corp, you know them. 

I still say it's Stroman. 

I think Stroman makes the most sense in terms of available SPs (not including Scherzer, who is in a different tier as the rest of the mentioned SPs).  Not as much upside as Ray or Gausman, but he's very consistent and steady, and considering we have a high-risk, low floor gamble (Sydnergaard, in terms of health), it makes sense to pair his signing with higher floor, lower ceiling acquisition.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The fact Stroman was compelled to publicly comment on the Mets and that he landed in CA are big hints that he could’ve arrived to do a physical and it’s just a matter of tying up details.

I missed that part - when did he say he landed in CA?

3 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I think Stroman makes the most sense in terms of available SPs (not including Scherzer, who is in a different tier as the rest of the mentioned SPs).  Not as much upside as Ray or Gausman, but he's very consistent and steady, and considering we have a high-risk, low floor gamble (Sydnergaard, in terms of health), it makes sense to pair his signing with higher floor, lower ceiling acquisition.

Stroman feels like the *smartest* acquisition, depending on the price. Kind of goes against the high-risk, big name, flashy vet type of acquisition.

6 hours ago, mmc said:

I think it has a bit of an impact but I don't see what makes you so convinced it's enough of one to make a 1/11 for Harvey possible but not a 2/20 for Escobar type contract

I feel like I am at a party stuck in a conversation listening to a guy complain for 5 hours about his old girlfriend and her new boyfriend.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

We won't hear anything until the last minute. That's how this team operates. Probably an Arte thing. I like it, honestly. Much better than the "*Team* is in talks with Stroman but nothing imminent" crap from Heyman.

Yeah most we might get is a report that a player is about to sign but without any teams really indicated, or inverse reports like the Mets not in on Scherzer. If anything.