• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

2 minutes ago, halonatic13 said:

The photographer said so.

Apparently, his account got reported and shut down.  He got it reinstated, and said his Tweets regarding Correa got deleted, so he has just re-tweeted some other tweets that insinuate Correa is signing with the Angels.

We will see more deals for sure. I don’t know what the market is for Story or Correa. I don’t know if Kershaw signs before Wednesday.  If Stroman had his baby then I wouldn’t really expect him to sign yet. Rodon seems like he’s getting no attention so who knows. 

7 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

The one thing we can guarantee is they are going to spend money. Which to me is a little…little…bit reassuring. The payroll is below last year’s. I know Arte is Arte, but the offer to Max at least says he may go beyond. And there is not even a Bengie Molina getting a triple’s chance at Arte walking into 2022 with a lower payroll than 2021 after getting called out by his manager, Trout, and everyone with a pulse. This isn’t it, that much we probably know for sure. 

giphy.gif

I lol'd.  He has hit several triples but they are probably all on miscategorized errors like this one.  Seeing him having a coronary once he makes it to third, and his teammates laughing their asses off is hilarious.

Edited by Junkballer

History tells us that Artie will overpay for someone on a long term deal this offseason. He really prides himself on landing big names. I'm sure Artie would have matched some of these other contracts that players are getting but let's not forget it takes two to make a deal. The reality is we lose out on a lot of deals because players are choosing other teams sometimes, and not just our lack of spending or trying to spend.

2 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

History tells us that Artie will overpay for someone on a long term deal this offseason. He really prides himself on landing big names. I'm sure Artie would have matched some of these other contracts that players are getting but let's not forget it takes two to make a deal. The reality is we lose out on a lot of deals because players are choosing other teams sometimes, and not just our lack of spending or trying to spend.

So are they “overpays” or did we “lose out”?

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Is everyone just speculating that the Angels are in on Correa or is there a specific report about Correa and the Angels that I missed?

Some verified photographer guy I guess said the Angels were going to sign him today? I never saw the tweet since his account was temporarily suspended. Plus some MLB reporters talk about a "mystery team"..... Honestly hope it's just twitter BS

22 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Some verified photographer guy I guess said the Angels were going to sign him today? I never saw the tweet since his account was temporarily suspended. Plus some MLB reporters talk about a "mystery team"..... Honestly hope it's just twitter BS

What is a “verified photographer” and why would a “verified photographer” be a credible source for free agent activity?

Stroman is still a possibility, but, being the last of the top-tier pitchers he can afford to wait until the last possible minute.  I'm supposing that he can command 6 years or more.  I would hope that the Angels offer a higher AAV for 4-5 years in hopes that his agent thinks he can still get a healthy contract as a 34-35 y.o.  That being said I hope Syndergaard and others are lobbying him and that the Angels do what it takes to sign him.  I like that he has the confidence in himself that he can be, or become, the #1 for any team and he'll be an anchor at the top of the rotation while their pitching prospects mature, whether Ohtani re-signs or not.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yes I appreciate you answering my question and my feedback is not “at” you.

I am just genuinely trying to figure out why this had any legs.

I know. 

My assumption is the "verified" mark he has plus all Angels fans are desperate at this point. 

The dude said Correa would sign when them last night or today so time will tell hahaha

I want Stroman at this point because the Angels need a reliable, good starting pitcher immediately.

My concern with Stroman, because of the kind of pitcher he is, is that with a little age he could be just hammered in those 4th and 5th years.

But I guess if the win window is now, you just have to swallow that and accept it.

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yes I appreciate you answering my question and my feedback is not “at” you.

I am just genuinely trying to figure out why this had any legs.

Because Incarcerated Bob verified the account. It's totally legit.