• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The writing on the wall?  Was that the wall where the Angels had the second highest offer to Scherzer?  That writing?  

When do you think the Angels knew their offer was rejected? Before or after they picked up Lorenzen? 

This morning they moved on. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

When do you think the Angels knew their offer was rejected? Before or after they picked up Lorenzen? 

This morning they moved on. 

I have no idea. So you think they were willing to spend $35 million or so on Scherzer but decided $7 million for Lorenzen and now they are done?  Ok. The rest of us will go about discussing stuff. 

The one thing we can guarantee is they are going to spend money. Which to me is a little…little…bit reassuring. The payroll is below last year’s. I know Arte is Arte, but the offer to Max at least says he may go beyond. And there is not even a Bengie Molina getting a triple’s chance at Arte walking into 2022 with a lower payroll than 2021 after getting called out by his manager, Trout, and everyone with a pulse. This isn’t it, that much we probably know for sure. 

I'm not losing another pick on a Swiss army knife like Taylor!

Player of many positions owner of none!

He is meh at Short his OAA at short has been 0, +1, -3, +4, 0, -2 since 2016 for a total of ****0**** ... Iglesias was a +3 coming in here in 2021! If he (Iglesias) couldn't field the hole and was out of position due to the over-shift Taylor isn't going to be any better!

Just stop! He has a meh cross over and negative glove side range which should be better and a -6 OAA in the last three seasons! Means his reactions glove side are crap. Which means slow feet and reaction time! (Which is different than running speed in a straight line).

If anything, we would have been probably better off putting Fletcher at Short and Acquiring Adam Frazier to play 2nd +19 OAA since 2018. He has improved defensively. And a healthy Rendon could help in the hole even though Fletch has a meh cross over and is better glove side up the middle.

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

I actually believe that this Correa stuff is legit. All depends now if the Yanks or someone else refuses to lose out on Correa

I am really struggling to understand why we'd sign Correa.  We just eschewed signing Scherzer to a 3 year, 43 AAV deal, only to potentially offer Correa a 10 year, ~37mil AAV deal..?  I mean, what?  lol.

5 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I am really struggling to understand why we'd sign Correa.  We just eschewed signing Scherzer to a 3 year, 43 AAV deal, only to potentially offer Correa a 10 year, ~37mil AAV deal..?  I mean, what?  lol.

Arte is the owner and one of those guys pitches while the other is a shortstop. 

9 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Arte is the owner and one of those guys pitches while the other is a shortstop. 

If we are genuinely in on Correa, then I truly hope Arte's plan is to spend 225mil+ on payroll and just "roll with the big boys," so to speak.

Sign Correa to the mega deal - ~37.5mil AAV.

Trade Adell, one of Paris/Vera (won't need SS prospects anymore), and one of Bachman/Bush for Castillo (~8mil AAV)

Sign Pederson (2/18) to play LF (~9ml AAV)

Sign Knebel to close (2/14?) (~7mil AAV)

Adds roughly 60mil of payroll, takes us to around 225mil AAV.  

Lineup:  LF Pederson, RF Trout, DH Ohtani, 3B Rendon, 1B Walsh, SS Corea, CF Marsh, C Stassi, 2B Fletcher

Bench:  C Thaiss or some random backup, IF Wade, IF/OF Ward, OF Upton

Rotation:  Ohtani, Syndergaard, Castillo, Sandoval, Suarez, Lorenzen

Bullpen:  Knebel, Loup, Mayers, Warren, Quijada, Herget, Wantz, Barria

Now, if Arte was willing to spend that much, then we'd have a WS contending team.  This is all just a fantasy, but it's the only way I can comprehend how signing Correa makes any sense.