• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

2 minutes ago, ukyah said:

seger just got 10/325, how much does correa get? he's definitely not coming to the angels.

His market for teams that can afford him is very narrow unless he wants to play 2B or 3B. Detroit said they didn’t want to pay his price. Maybe the Yankees or Phillies.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

This one came from a high Angels executive. So as sure as he was about Ray, I was comfortable sharing the info with you all. 

Oh well. I'll just PM a few of our longtime members the next time I get some info rather than posting it publicly. Sorry it didn't happen guys. I'm just as disappointed as you are. 

someone in the baseball operations department or business side?

I hope it's the latter because how can someone in the baseball ops department be so sure when they hadn't even met with the guy?

40 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What would you guys think if we signed Kershaw to a 2 year deal?

Signing Syndergaard with his innings limits and likely initial struggles post-TJS, the prevailing wisdom was that the other FA SP arm would have to be someone who could be counted on to pitch 170+ innings.  That doesn't describe Kershaw.  Besides, he's going nowhere besides LAD or TX.  One or the other.

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

someone in the baseball operations department or business side?

I hope it's the latter because how can someone in the baseball ops department be so sure when they hadn't even met with the guy?

Just because it was reported they hadn’t met it doesn’t mean they hadn’t met. It would be tough to be so confident in a signing prior to a meeting. 

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Ah fuck we're getting Correa aren't we.

I doubt it. Don't get wrong, Arte would totally do that, but I don't think he's mindless in the moves he concocts or finances. The Angels desperately needed pitching and so he grabbed Syndergaard straight from Cohen, who for some reason he voted against owning the Mets. He brought in Lorenzen because he's a two way player with local ties that will definitely be a local folk hero. 

I honestly think their next move is Stroman, wherever that occurs. 

5 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

Signing Syndergaard with his innings limits and likely initial struggles post-TJS, the prevailing wisdom was that the other FA SP arm would have to be someone who could be counted on to pitch 170+ innings.  That doesn't describe Kershaw.  Besides, he's going nowhere besides LAD or TX.  One or the other.

In a true six man rotation which is what they used last year you aren’t getting 170 innings from anyone. It’s 27 starts per guy and that’s over 6.33 innings per start. Highly unlikely. 

23 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You think he's a better option than Stroman? Interesting.

I said most...   I think Stroman is an extreme longshot.   

Pure speculation, I have no real insight into his psyche or what the team wants.  But he might be too vocal for them and if his Twitter is any indication, he seems to be the type that needs to believe a team wanted him from the get go.   If he was upset the Mets were putting a greater emphasis on signing other guys, I'm guessing he may hold the same grudge towards the Angels or any other team that didn't make him a priority.

Personally, I think his personality would be a good thing on the Angels but..  whatever.

23 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It wasn’t like that.  They were mad that they joined the dodgers pitch to him and he didn’t pick the dodgers.  Literally they cried that he “wasted their time” big fucking babies. 

Dummies. They probably should have thrown in a handie to seal the deal 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

In a true six man rotation which is what they used last year you aren’t getting 170 innings from anyone. It’s 27 starts per guy and that’s over 6.33 innings per start. Highly unlikely. 

I agree more like 25 starts maybe reason for pitchers like Ray to say no same with Jon Gray

11 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I doubt it. Don't get wrong, Arte would totally do that, but I don't think he's mindless in the moves he concocts or finances. The Angels desperately needed pitching and so he grabbed Syndergaard straight from Cohen, who for some reason he voted against owning the Mets. He brought in Lorenzen because he's a two way player with local ties that will definitely be a local folk hero. 

I honestly think their next move is Stroman, wherever that occurs. 

And if Stroman sign elsewhere? 

Don't tell me a trade. Bye Bye only good prospects we have

59 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Would hate it.

Hes a hall of famer. But hes got too many question marks at this point, and we have way too many.

We need a bonafide SP. Doesnt have to be an ace. But a front line guy we can rely on to make 30 quality starts a year

Everyone left including Stroman has a bunch of IFs...  But at least Stroman stays upright...

7 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

And if Stroman sign elsewhere? 

Don't tell me a trade. Bye Bye only good prospects we have

If that happens, I think you'll see a lesser trade. Minasian has had time to assess the prospects in the system, and like any GM, he'll trade what he finds to be surplus assets, like he did with Jam Jones for Alex Cobb. 

I don't know who that is specifically. Maybe Sonny Gray? 

We know he was willing to trade Marsh for the right return and nearly did at the deadline. He'd likely be fine if it was Marsh for Castillo, but the Reds asking price is likely quite a bit more than that. 

11 minutes ago, mmc said:

Are we going to fill up tomorrow's non-tender deadline with a bunch of dumpster diving trades?

no. They'll just do nothing, with the exception of possibly non-tendering Gosselin to make room on the 40-man roster for Lorenzen.

The Angels aren't getting Stroman. Not trying to be a debbie downer, but history tells us all we need to know. Arte hasn't signed a free agent SP to a multi-year deal since Blanton. He hasn't signed a free agent SP to a substantial multi-year deal since CJ Wilson.

He doesn't spend long-term money on free agent SP's anymore. Won't happen.