• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If Noah is anything near what he was pre injury then we upgraded.  Ohtani another year removed from surgery will be as good. A healthy Sandoval should be a plus. We will be decent not great. Not a 90-100 loss team. 

We could be quite good.  It’s always a possibility.  The issue here, as I know you know.  Is failure to really take a big leap forward and get rid of a lot of uncertainty.  They still have time to not completely fucking blow it.  But it is starting to look bad. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Obviously we haven't been able to do this for much of the last decade, and it's counterintuitive after the work done by Eppler, but instead of annually pinning hopes on signing 2-3 FAs each year who will cost a ton of money and commitment, and usually don't work out, let's roll the dice and swing some trades - at least one with huge impact - and immediately turn the dollars we'd be blowing in FA towards a focus on drafting, developing, amateur free agents, while enjoying a more flexible MLB payroll in the meantime. 

Arte hasn’t ever done that though, correct?    What would convince him to finally do it?

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Arte hasn’t ever done that though, correct?    What would convince him to finally do it?

Fucking beats me. Maybe if Perry lays out the plan correctly it'll get through to him. 

Could be Eppler wasn't able to even pitch a plan like that because he knew he couldn't trade everyone away. And Dipoto sure as shit wouldn't try that because he traded everyone away.

Maybe if Perry goes in and says "We're making hella trades to shore up this team and keep payroll flexible, but we won't have a farm and we'll be right back to 2015 unless we do X, Y, and Z" Arte will have the wherewithal now to see "Oh, shit, you're right"

Ideally, eventually, somehow he has some sort of epiphany seeing his lack of investment in the farm and continued failed pursuits of FA that he sees the light. It's hard to get to where he's gotten in life without having some sense. 

Edited by totdprods

Just now, Stradling said:

If Noah is anything near what he was pre injury then we upgraded.  Ohtani another year removed from surgery will be as good. A healthy Sandoval should be a plus. We will be decent not great. Not a 90-100 loss team. 

"If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?" -- Don Meredith

They didn't lose 90-100 games last year with all the shit that went down, but the Angels are 35+ mil into their offseason and their stated area of need has been primarily answered by two guys that can't be really talked about without first saying IF.

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

We could be quite good.  It’s always a possibility.  The issue here, as I know you know.  Is failure to really take a big leap forward and get rid of a lot of uncertainty.  They still have time to not completely fucking blow it.  But it is starting to look bad. 

Sure but his claim of us being a 100 loss team is nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

"If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?" -- Don Meredith

They didn't lose 90-100 games last year with all the shit that went down, but the Angels are 35+ mil into their offseason and their stated area of need has been primarily answered by two guys that can't be really talked about without first saying IF.

Right.  I know.  

You guys are going to love this. Talking to a friend that works in a front office (and has been promoted, wooo!) He says their brain trust insists the Angels have made repeated contact with Kershaw's representation, and that it's personal between Moreno and the Dodgers. They also said there's zero percent chance of that happening because Kershaw reportedly does not want to play for the Angels at all.

I thought you guys would find that entertaining. 

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Eh. I'm assuming he's someone's alt account but he's harmless. 

Like if the spirit of Troll Daddy possessed AO.

less than 5 hours

1 hour ago, AngelStew43 said:

I wanted Max, but not at 43.33 million per season.  

Oh, and sign one of Iglesias or Knebel to close.  

I feel a lot better about our starters with Thor and Lorenzen on board.  IIRC, both are either on the right side of 30, or just over it, which is a plus. 

Rotation:

Thor, Ohtani, Sandoval, Canning, Suarez, Lorenzen, with Barria in place as a long man/spot starter, and Detmers in SLC waiting in reserve in case of injury.  

Build a bullpen add low end starter Greinke, Cobb, Duffy etc. Strong bullpen is the way.