• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

Just now, Biergott said:

Gimme Stroman and Iglesias and I’ll be stoked like I was before bed last night.   The Scherzer/Ray news was a serious 1-2 punch to shell shocked Angel fans who have seen this year in and year out.  Hopes are higher this year after Minasian being so public about targets, getting Thor and then saying he wanted more.  Just felt real….still can be, but I’ll probably just get kicked in the sack again.  

Yeah, I'm fine if that's what it ends up being--though I'd still like to see who will be at SS.

5 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

I wanted Max, but not at 43.33 million per season.  

Oh, and sign one of Iglesias or Knebel to close.  

I feel a lot better about our starters with Thor and Lorenzen on board.  IIRC, both are either on the right side of 30, or just over it, which is a plus. 

Rotation:

Thor, Ohtani, Sandoval, Canning, Suarez, Lorenzen, with Barria in place as a long man/spot starter, and Detmers in SLC waiting in reserve in case of injury.  

Build a bullpen add low end starter Greinke, Cobb, Duffy etc. Strong bullpen is the way. 

1 minute ago, Biergott said:

Gimme Stroman and Iglesias and I’ll be stoked like I was before bed last night.   The Scherzer/Ray news was a serious 1-2 punch to shell shocked Angel fans who have seen this year in and year out.  Hopes are higher this year after Minasian being so public about targets, getting Thor and then saying he wanted more.  Just felt real….still can be, but I’ll probably just get kicked in the sack again.  

The funny thing is, I thought scherzer was a totally wrong move for us (aside from short year commitment), and Ive been team Stroman this whole time.

But yeah, watching both sign elsewhere in like half an hour, when we were supposedly in on both was pretty brutal.

Ive wanted stroman over ray this whole time. But supposedly the Angels felt different.... the fact we didnt get him, and apparently didnt even meet with him, doesnt give me a whole lot of hope.

Just now, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

This is so fucking stupid. Fuck this god damn team. Should have traded Cobb and Iglesias at the deadline at this point.  Same shit every fucking year. 

Cobb was injured during the trade deadline and there were concerns he would not be able to make another start for the season. I am absolutely with you on Iglesias though.

11 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And there it is. 

Was just thinking a few mins ago at least we'll probably bring him back, for canning/detmers insurance.

I would’ve thought the opposite, and that it meant we were waving the flag on a top SP and turning to bats and relievers.

Lorenzen is here to replace Cobb.