• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

No credible tweets from anybody on anything brewing with Stroman?  Nothin?

Last thing he tweeted was about how his wife was about to give birth soon (though I don't know if he meant literally today or "soon" as in "within the next few days/weeks").  Maybe he's dealing with that, too.

33 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

We do get a suite, so that's good.  Honestly, I don't even care about the game.  It'll be the first time I've seen most of these folks in person this year, due to office closures, etc.

I'd watch any sports team if I would get to be in a suite. Plus you get to see Ingram and Zion play. I'm jealous.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Angels could have signed him and converted him back into a starter.  Plus, he won the Silver Slugger award the last year he was a starting pitcher...

(Yes, I'm being sarcastic...)

There is always next year when they will again be looking to add SPs

I wanted Max, but not at 43.33 million per season.  

Oh, and sign one of Iglesias or Knebel to close.  

I feel a lot better about our starters with Thor and Lorenzen on board.  IIRC, both are either on the right side of 30, or just over it, which is a plus. 

Rotation:

Thor, Ohtani, Sandoval, Canning, Suarez, Lorenzen, with Barria in place as a long man/spot starter, and Detmers in SLC waiting in reserve in case of injury.  

Gimme Stroman and Iglesias and I’ll be stoked like I was before bed last night.   The Scherzer/Ray news was a serious 1-2 punch to shell shocked Angel fans who have seen this year in and year out.  Hopes are higher this year after Minasian being so public about targets, getting Thor and then saying he wanted more.  Just felt real….still can be, but I’ll probably just get kicked in the sack again.