• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm going to the Clippers/Pelicans game tonight for a holiday party for one of the companies I consult for.  I expect the game to be pretty shitty, so I'll probably be here in this thread, furiously refreshing instead.  Have a feeling Stroman will sign today and maybe one of Correa, Baez, or Story.

Clippers are going to massacre the Pelicans. Idk why but Stroman's personality has me thinking he will wait until after the lockout to sign. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by rafibomb

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm going to the Clippers/Pelicans game tonight for a holiday party for one of the companies I consult for.  I expect the game to be pretty shitty, so I'll probably be here in this thread, furiously refreshing instead.  Have a feeling Stroman will sign today and maybe one of Correa, Baez, or Story.

I think Baez goes back to the Mets and that gets done tonight 

Just now, rafibomb said:

Clippers are going to massacre the Pelicans. Idk why but Stroman's personality has me thinking he will wait until after the lockout to sign.

I haven't been to an NBA in probably 15+ years, so I don't really care about the outcome.  I'll just trust that your assessment is correct.  Ha.  I did check the rosters and there are at least a few Duke guys on both rosters, so maybe that'll keep my attention.

Stroman is a Duke guy, too.  We're everywhere...

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

image.gif

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

So, the 2023 rotation at this point is

Ohtani, Sandoval, and Suarez 

??????

Plus add whatever big bat shortstop were about to sign

So, the plan right now is those 3, and a SS who can hit.

Shohei, Sandoval, Suarez, and Short Stop who hits

Or, SSSSShit

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

I am not sure why so many here are getting so upset. Most of you have been fans the last 10 years. You should know by now how Arte operates. I post to remind you this and that Arte only likes 1 year deals for SP(sure, he tried to get Cole and maybe Max but didn't and clearly wants short term SP) and I get told that this year is different or get called names etc. The owner of this freakin site even thought for sure Ray was coming here and is supposed to now ban himself until ST but we all know most people don't stick to bans and he hasn't either because I am sure there is some other hope people are now clinging to. I also don't understand why people are bummed that we didn't sign Semien or Seager. We were ever rumored to or supposed to? This offseason was supposed to be about getting awesome pitching. So far, it's par the course pitching wise. 2 SP signings for 1 year and the big guns are going elsewhere. Why do you continue to do this to yourselves? You just keep going down the line of players. Now the focus is on Stroman or trading for Castillo? You really think that makes the Angels better than the other teams in the West? The Angels need Castillo AND Stroman AND Raisel AND a good 2ND or SS. Fletcher and Rengifo is not enough. Noah hasn't pitched in 2 years. The Rangers and M's look like they are serious about winning next year and beyond. The Angels still have the same owner. I think people forget that.

7 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts.aspx?position=ALL&teamid=1

For what it’s worth, even taking into account all the moves by the Rangers and Mariners, we still rank second in the AL West in terms of projected fWAR.

It has been a disappointing day, but let’s wait until the off-season is over before officially declaring it a bust.

Day is not over