• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

1 minute ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Probably, Due to the fact we could have got him for the minimum last year after he was Non-tendered by the Chi-Sox.... Perry wasn't interested then, I don't see him interested now at 20M per...

To be fair, Robbie Ray was coming off a terrible shortened 2020 campaign and we didn't look at him in the offseason either. 

Next up, a Cy Young season. 

You just never know?

Just now, eligrba said:

I understand why the Angels didn't sign Scherzer......what the hell happened with Ray?  The signing seems in line with expectations.

Yeah... 

I wasnt too high on him, personally. But supposedly they were...

If thats the guy they wanted, and couldn't match the seattle offer... ugh

3 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

People need to quit including the GM’s name. This is 100% on Arte. How it’s not perfectly clear to everyone now is beyond me

Quality GM's would have never put a team in this position.  Sure, Arte is not helping but the Angels are a case study in stupid management which takes a village of idiots.

28 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Also why isn't everyone talking about Carlos Rodon enough? His stuff and stats were on par with Robbie Ray in 2021 outside of innings pitched (since he missed some time). 

Probably because the most consistent part of his career has been arm trouble.  He's the exact opposite of Robbie Ray.

It's kind of embarrassing when the Angels tell the fans exactly what they want to hear--"pitching, pitching, pitching!"--and that they are going to be in on every pitcher. Then they miss out on 4 top guys, 3 of whom they were definitely after. Next steps:

-We were in on every one of those guys, just missed
-We really like this team; we accomplished what we wanted
-Arte doesn't talk to the media, makes Perry face the music
-The national media mocks us for not going hard after pitchers

Same cycle every year

Just now, ThisismineScios said:

It's kind of embarrassing when the Angels tell the fans exactly what they want to hear--"pitching, pitching, pitching!"--and that they are going to be in on every pitcher. Then they miss out on 4 top guys, 3 of whom they were definitely after. Next steps:

-We were in on every one of those guys, just missed
-We really like this team; we accomplished what we wanted
-Arte doesn't talk to the media, makes Perry face the music
-The national media mocks us for not going hard after pitchers

Same cycle every year

Just don’t lie to the fans anymore.

19 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Robbie Ray, or bust. 

If it doesn’t happen I will self ban until ST is over. See ya in April. 

According @Lou y’all hate me anyhow. 

18 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Robbie Ray. Bet

18 hours ago, Stradling said:

So who do you believe Chuck or Jon Morosi? 

Yup. If my source is wrong I’ll eat it and take the heat meat. But I feel good about this.

That said competition has stepped up to the table. It will be a battle. Let’s see if Arte has the $$$ and nads. 

Trust me on this. 

To be fair @bloodbrother Arte is poised to load up. Unlike past years. 

17 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

All In Poker GIF by PokerStars

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e820917a2cc3a37b39