• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Ok here's an idea, plans a, b, c, d, e, and f are all good pitchers. Plan A, Syndergaard because Minasian saw something they can correct. Great. Plan b, Scherzer. Ok, Mets blew their wad on him. Fine. Pivot, plan c is Ray, plan d is Stroman. Plan e was Jon Gray but Texas decided to spend with the big boys. No problem, we have alternatives. Plan f is trading for Castillo. 

But NONE of these plans involve spending money otherwise set aside for pitching, on a freaking shortstop. 

Also, the Harvey-Cahills of the world are NOT something we pivot to. Ever. You might as well just roll the dice with Barria, Detmers, Davis etc... Before spending on another reclamation project. We have enough of those. 

Do not pivot to position players or bad pitchers. It doesn't work. 

Huh?

If the Angels cannot sign any of the high quality starter they want (you can’t just DECIDE to sign a player you want, the player has to also choose your team), then the team will have to be aggressive in trying to pursue the high quality pitcher they need through a trade.

Given that, why would you want them to NOT also sign a great shortstop that can hit making the lineup that much better?

So your choices are:

a). trade for a stud pitcher and have a lousy shortstop

b). Trade for a stud pitcher and also add another great player to the lineup

You choose “a” because it is dumb to “pivot” and one time the Angels signed Rendon when they couldn’t land Cole?

Really?

9 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

But that isn’t going to happen right?  We heard there is basically a done deal that we just have to wait for the the announcement!

Right?

A deal was agreed to with the Dodgers a year ago for Joc Pederson and Stripling, Andy Pages and that fell through. 

Anything can happen in negotiations and new teams who have missed out on a top starter could enter into the mix and offer way more money than the Angels. 

These things are fluid and happen all the time. 

That said, I'm still pretty confident that it will happen....but you can never be 100% on these things. 

One thing is for certain (and another member here can vouch) that my post the other day was well before Ken Rosenthal's column which said we are Ray's top suitor.

That in itself should bring credence and validate my post. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

A deal was agreed to with the Dodgers a year ago for Joc Pederson and Stripling, Andy Pages and that fell through. 

Anything can happen in negotiations and new teams who have missed out on a top starter could enter into the mix and offer way more money than the Angels. 

That said, I'm still pretty confident that it will happen....but you can never be 100% on these things. 

One thing is for certain (and another member here can vouch) that my post the other day was well before Ken Rosenthal's column which said we are Ray's top suitor.

Confirmed. Chucks guy is Adam shefters baseball side hussle.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I believe you 100%.  And I know shit can happen that messes up a deal.  You never know.  I was more just fishing for hopefully any update from your source.

Edited by Dtwncbad

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Didn't realize Raley was a FA, he could've been a good add. Of course the Rays knew this.

We actually had him in the farm a couple seasons back. The Astros found a way to get more from him.

Need better development on the farm.

I certainly hope Perry has addressed that.

23 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Huh?

If the Angels cannot sign any of the high quality starter they want (you can’t just DECIDE to sign a player you want, the player has to also choose your team), then the team will have to be aggressive in trying to pursue the high quality pitcher they need through a trade.

Given that, why would you want them to NOT also sign a great shortstop that can hit making the lineup that much better?

So your choices are:

a). trade for a stud pitcher and have a lousy shortstop

b). Trade for a stud pitcher and also add another great player to the lineup

You choose “a” because it is dumb to “pivot” and one time the Angels signed Rendon when they couldn’t land Cole?

Really?

That's ridiculous, and not what I said. Why do you do that?

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Are you bored? 

Do you have any Mets fans friends giddy over the Scherzer signing???  

Are you feeling antsy about the Angels?

Share this with them....   

You're welcome.

Cespedws throwing out Kendrick at the plate is one of the most overrated plays ever.

First if all Cespedes botched the play.  It was a very easy ball to field cleanly and the ball went off his glove.  So the whole thing started with bad fielding.

Then he picks up the ball and throws home to get Kendrick from the shallowest part of the outfield (he was in foul territory right down the line in left).

Everyone gets excited when a throw reaches home plate on the fly but we are talking about a 300 foot throw here.  It was a rainbow throw.

I think the vast majority of mlb outfielders can throw a 300 foot rainbow.

So he missed the ball (bad defense) and then did what pretty much any OF in baseball can do.  .  . And somehow this play becomes evidence that he is special?

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Cespedws throwing out Kendrick at the plate is one of the most overrated plays ever.

First if all Cespedes botched the play.  It was a very easy ball to field cleanly and the ball went off his glove.  So the whole thing started with bad fielding.

Then he picks up the ball and throws home to get Kendrick from the shallowest part of the outfield (he was in foul territory right down the line in left).

Everyone gets excited when a throw reaches home plate on the fly but we are talking about a 300 foot throw here.  It was a rainbow throw.

I think the vast majority of mlb outfielders can throw a 300 foot rainbow.

So he missed the ball (bad defense) and then did what pretty much any OF in baseball can do.  .  . And somehow this play becomes evidence that he is special?

Jesus 

8 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Backload it by 1 year, use remainder to sign Iglesias. 1st year 15 last year 35.

at 5/125 I am all over signing Ray or Stroman.

15/22/25/28/28/2M buyout. With a $5M signing Bonus. 

That's $20M paid out this year, but it helps our tax to structure it this way. Leaves room for a SS add and to add Iglesias.

54 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

A Ray signing by itself will be meh. A Ray signing combined with another free agent pitcher signing would be HUGE. 

I rather not go the trade route but if it’s that or nothing then so be it.

I’m perfectly fine with Ray or Stroman plus re-signing Iglesias plus acquiring a catcher like Stallings and a strong defensive SS like Kim.

Just now, True Grich said:

I was there and I still think it was amazing.  I couldn't believe it when it happened.

I never said it wasnt exciting.  It was.

I just don’t think this particular play is evidence of Cespedes being great when the actual throw was a 300 foot rainbow.