• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

14 hours ago, Lou said:

High is a limit.

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

That sounds like a 90s hip hop basketball movie. Where Omar Epps and Lil Bow Wow are trying to get drafted to make it out of Newark.

I say “High Is A Limit” is an action/comedy franchise started in the early 2000s staring Snoop Dogg and other rappers who race cars that are powered by “2nd hand marijuana smoke.” 

45 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I'm not sure if it will drop Iglesias asking price since Graveman won't be the full-time Closer in Chicago just a setup man.

I think they trade kimbrel now as Graveman takes the primary setup spot and rest day closer for Hendriks days off.

Give me 2-3 of these guys for the cost of just Raisel Iglesias: Andrew Chafin, Jimmy Nelson, Collin McHugh, Daniel Hudson, Ian Kennedy, Corey Knebel. Then maybe roll the dice on a comeback incentive type contract for Kirby Yates.

4 hours ago, Hubs said:

I'm 100% with Scooter Gennett here. Correa is a fucking cheating bastard and he and Altuve are the worst of the lot. They're trying to push this narrative that the Astros are clean now, but somehow I fucking doubt it.

They won a WS by exploiting a loophole. The front office gave up the sacrificial lamb, but they absolutely should've been punished harder. Vacate the WS and explain that any further cheating schemes get them a post season ban, or even removed from the league for a year.

Fuck the Asterisks.

Braves did MLB a BIG favor in beating those F’ing Cheatin Asstros.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Give me 2-3 of these guys for the cost of just Raisel Iglesias: Andrew Chafin, Jimmy Nelson, Collin McHugh, Daniel Hudson, Ian Kennedy, Corey Knebel. Then maybe roll the dice on a comeback incentive type contract for Kirby Yates.

That's kind of where I'm at.. If he is truly asking for more than the QO annually!

But, then I want a Dominant Run of Playoff appearances....So....Throw $$$ at him!

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Trading Kimbrel and his 1/$16m could be an option now, either for the Angels or teams looking at Raisel. This also might make the Raisel market move quicker too.

How much is Kimbrel worth to the Angels?  He’s on a one year deal, which has an appeal.  White Sox still want pitching and 2b beyond what we’d have, so dumping salary would appeal to them.

6 minutes ago, mmc said:

I kinda think Gausman is gonna be the one they get...

If there is any truth to what Gubicza said, that plus the Giants locking in several other SPs give me a bit of a sense that there's some noise that Gausman is getting close to signing with the Angels, and the Giants are pivoting to fill out other needs quickly, including a guy who might be squeezed out of Anaheim when the Gausman news breaks, before other teams have chance to jump in. Could be Gausman is still deciding between SF and Anaheim and that's holding up final offers for Cobb too.

Perry was in Atlanta when they grabbed Gausman and turned him around from Baltimore. There's a connection there. Won't cost a QO like Ray. Better track record too. Safer than Scherzer. More upside than Stroman. 

Don't think the Angels sign Matz.

Edited by totdprods