• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

Three cars in their three spots is cool and all, but maybe they're just reviewing how the Syndergaard signing shifts the direction of the off-season. Going over budget, whose in their ball park monetarily, trade options, etc..

I just mean there's a lot they could be discussing. 

Because of “Noah’s” signing, they have to increase the price of ice cream in the mini helmet.

On 11/18/2021 at 1:05 PM, Hubs said:

I think getting one more high quality starter and then going for the 6th spot internally is better than going two average starters and then ultimately releasing Barria and keeping Canning and Detmers in AAA. 

I expect Syndergaaard to top 150 innings, but not by much. Same for Ohtani. Sandoval should give you 170. 

We need another 500+ innings from Suarez, Canning, Detmers, and the other free agent acquisitions. Stroman pitched 180 innings, and then you're down to 320 between Suarez/ Canning/ Detmers/ and Barria.

The Angels will not have a pitcher throw 150 inn this year. Syndergaard on inn count. The halos are giving him opportunity of a contract over 100 mill to sign after 2022 season.

3 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

The Angels will not have a pitcher throw 150 inn this year. Syndergaard on inn count. The halos are giving him opportunity of a contract over 100 mill to sign after 2022 season.

Dude you’re just wrong on legit everything. Like are you trolling or are you just an idiot?

6 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Dude you’re just wrong on legit everything. Like are you trolling or are you just an idiot?

Angels have already said Thor will be on inn limit. In 6 man rotation if pitchers stay healthy all year get 25 starts. At 6 inn per start that is 150 inn. We will see look at the numbers

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

A very underrated 80s flick.

what's worse? getting a player from japan who doesn't speak english or getting him and his translator who learned to speak english by watching howard cosell on wide world of sports? you tell me.

10 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

I hope Ohtani pitches 200 inn but I think he will be about same as 2021

With simultaneous English interpretation by Foreign Press Center Japan

Video report: FPCJ Livestream of Japan National Press Club Press Conference by LA Angels’ Shohei Ohtani

From 53:08 (YouTube)

(Please forgive me if I make mistakes in transcribing.)

Interviewer (HTB Fukuda): 
"So you think you can do even better next season?"

Ohtani-san:
"Including batting, but especially pitching, the number of innings is not so high, so if I need to pitch over more innings (*), I think I will be able to achieve even better results."

*, his Japanese expression has more positive implication: if I can increase the number of innings pitched,