• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I do not think Verlander wants to pitch in 6 man rotation

I am not  sure people understand that with six starters, you can still have someone pitch every fifth game if that is what works best.

I am not very interested in Verlander but I will initially trust the front office if they go that way.

51 minutes ago, HanfordGuy said:

I am not buying this “Arte won’t pony up for multi-year deals on pitchers” angle in this article.

It may be true that Arte thinks there is less risk in offensive players on longer deals, but it is well known that the Angels had monster offers out there on some big name pitchers but were just outbid.

I bet the Angels are wide open to both short term and long term deals on starters if the GM thinks they are the right fit for what the team needs.

I really do think this is a crucial time for us, the Astros are still great, the A's are on the downturn but still have a history of having surprisingly good seasons despite everyone counting them out, the Mariners won 90 games last year and are clearly on the come-up and willing to spend, and Texas is perhaps a couple of seasons away from being where Seattle is.  Really worried if we don't spend our way out of our consistent 3rd-4th place spot this year we could remain there for quite some time still...

1 minute ago, mmc said:

I really do think this is a crucial time for us, the Astros are still great, the A's are on the downturn but still have a history of having surprisingly good seasons despite everyone counting them out, the Mariners won 90 games last year and are clearly on the come-up and willing to spend, and Texas is perhaps a couple of seasons away from being where Seattle is.  Really worried if we don't spend our way out of our consistent 3rd-4th place spot this year we could remain there for quite some time still...

I agree.  But still I wonder, how did Cub fans handle their futility for years?

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, I am not a victim, I call out victims.  Nice try mija.  

Coulda fooled me.

For the record, it was pretty much a joke.  But I guess the joke would not have occurred to me if there wasn’t some element of truth to it.

Edited by Dtwncbad

I was thinking Stroman seemed to be the best fit after signing Syndergaard.

I was looking at him more closely and, for the first time I noticed.  . . The dude is 5’7”??

Seriously?  That seems like it has to be a mistake.  I mean you don’t even get drafted these days if you are right handed and that short.

54 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I was thinking Stroman seemed to be the best fit after signing Syndergaard.

I was looking at him more closely and, for the first time I noticed.  . . The dude is 5’7”??

Seriously?  That seems like it has to be a mistake.  I mean you don’t even get drafted these days if you are right handed and that short.

He's basically a 2B that pitches. 

5 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Anyone have an Athletic sub? Curious to what this says

Negative article on signing. Angels are desperate, adding a pitcher coming off TJ surgery that can only pitch a limited amount of innings.  Not an article worth reading. 

25 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

If we had Syndergaard, Rodriguez and Pina right now with probably about another 10-15m to spend, I'd be very happy.  

Agreed. Hopefully they put to use the money that didn't go to the latter 2.

So maybe Arte finally had the epiphany   He looked at his legacy and saw that he was going to be known as the guy who had a GM walk out mid-season, a player OD in a hotel room with help from one of his employees.

The guy who gave $125 million to a coke addled hillbilly and last but certainly not least, the guy who lucked into the greatest player of the 21st century and the most unique talent of the last 80 years and couldn't get to .500 with them.

All while watching his crosstown rival build a team that won the division every year and went to the WS every other year.

Even if he won't go full Illitch maybe he'll break down the self-imposed restrictions and try to win for a few years. Maybe