• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Albert Pujols to play winter ball, eyes return to majors in 2022, source says

12 hours ago, ukyah said:

he's likely actually 47. he fucked up one time in an interview and said he and octavio dotel were the same age and played together at one point. he backtracked really hard, but he was the st louis machine and no one was going to pursue that.

edit: i just hunted down and reread the interview and you're right. he said dotel was a couple years older than him and that would put him at 45.

Right. I remember this interview. If he was actually 42 he’d have been like 8 when Dotel was 13 or 14 not 11 as he claims. They said he was 16 when he came over instead of 19 so he could go to high school

1 hour ago, Slegnaac said:

Left Handed pitchers in the NL must really be dense.

How could they not know that Albert is a sucker for the low and away pitch?

it's nothing more complicated than a matchup advantage. the lefties pitches, vs a RH hitter, are moving in towards the bat, while the righties are moving out of the swing zone away. it's the same reason lefty hitters struggle against lefty pitchers.

i liken it to the old adage "slider speed bat". although it doesn't mean the same thing, but both relate to a hitter's skills degradation.

The Angels paid the price of getting Albert to pass Willy Mays. I don't think any other team is going to tank their offense so Pujols can bask in the glory of being the only player to roll 6 MLB seasons together at below replacement level just to pimp his own home run stats. 

On 10/28/2021 at 9:03 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

If Albert was serious about playing he wouldn't have put on 60 pounds of lard the last ten years.

23 hours ago, ukyah said:

he's likely actually 47. he fucked up one time in an interview and said he and octavio dotel were the same age and played together at one point. he backtracked really hard, but he was the st louis machine and no one was going to pursue that.

edit: i just hunted down and reread the interview and you're right. he said dotel was a couple years older than him and that would put him at 45.

image.gif.5f7626a52bcdfc06ea6ca53e2677aeba.gif

Albert could find a role like he had with the Dodgers. He somewhat hit lefties and appears well-liked by other players. His expectations should be very low in terms of money. Giambi had a similar role with the Rockies at the end of his career. 

My thought would be the best thing Pujols could do this offseason is rest. 

23 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Albert could find a role like he had with the Dodgers. He somewhat hit lefties and appears well-liked by other players. His expectations should be very low in terms of money. Giambi had a similar role with the Rockies at the end of his career. 

My thought would be the best thing Pujols could do this offseason is rest. 

Giambi had a 75 OPS+ his last year with the Rockies. Then for some stupid reason Cleveland picked him up for two more years and he had 83 and 48 OPS+ seasons. 

The best thing Pujols could do this off season is announce his retirement. 

8 hours ago, Blarg said:

Giambi had a 75 OPS+ his last year with the Rockies. Then for some stupid reason Cleveland picked him up for two more years and he had 83 and 48 OPS+ seasons. 

The best thing Pujols could do this off season is announce his retirement. 

Not respectful.  Please adjust your perspective. 

From MLB Trade Rumors

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/10/albert-pujols-planning-to-play-in-2022.html

Oct. 31: Pujols himself recently declared his intent to continue his playing career (link via ESPN). He notes that the decision to play in the Dominican Winter League for the first time is a matter of fulfilling a longstanding promise that he’d play there before retirement. However, Pujols emphasized that the timing of his DWL debut doesn’t mean his retirement is nigh.

“My time to retire hasn’t arrived yet,” said Pujols. “Why do I have to retire because someone tells me to? I’m going to do it on my terms and when I feel I can’t play anymore.”

4 hours ago, HanfordGuy said:

“My time to retire hasn’t arrived yet,” said Pujols. “Why do I have to retire because someone tells me to? I’m going to do it on my terms and when I feel I can’t play anymore.”

No self awareness, at all.

On 10/28/2021 at 10:08 AM, AngelsWin.com said:

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said he appreciated the value Pujols brought to the Dodgers, and he could do so for whatever team might sign him in 2022.

“I think Albert can do whatever he wants to do and if he wants to play next year he’s certainly going to be a really good contributor to whatever ball club,” Roberts said during the National League Championship Series.

Left unsaid: That whatever ballclub won't be us.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan