• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: World Series 2021 Astros/Braves

7 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Did he move the all star game out of your home stadium this year?

No, he didn’t. Did he move the All Star game from AO’s home stadium?  
Also I’m pretty sure he does nothing without at least ownership approval if not ownership directive.  

51 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No, he didn’t. Did he move the All Star game from AO’s home stadium?  
Also I’m pretty sure he does nothing without at least ownership approval if not ownership directive.  

I'm "pretty sure" the owners had nothing to do with the all-star game being moved.

I think the Manfred "hate" is warranted.

30 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I'm "pretty sure" the owners had nothing to do with the all-star game being moved.

I think the Manfred "hate" is warranted.

You seriously think he just acted alone and moved it?  I think the owners probably made the “public opinion” decision and Manfred carried it out.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

You seriously think he just acted alone and moved it?  I think the owners probably made the “public opinion” decision and Manfred carried it out.  

In 2020, Major League Baseball Owners gave ($20,366,365) to political campaigns.
$15,181,761 Republican (75%)
$5,184,604 Democrat (25%)

The players on the other hand...

The Players Alliance, consisting of more than 100 current and former players who have united in an effort to empower Black communities, came out in support of MLB's decision with a statement that read in part: "We want to make our voice heard loud and clear in our opposition of the recent Georgia legislation that not only disproportionately disenfranchises the Black community, but also paves the way for other states to pass similarly harmful laws based largely on widespread falsehoods and disinformation."

Edited by True Grich

I just don't think it was an "ownership directive."  I shouldn't have said they "had nothing to do with it" - but, I just don't believe they drove the decision. 

And since Manfred carried out the decision, the Manfred hate is still warranted, IMO. That's my main point.

And at the end of the day, I don't really care who was behind it, I just don't like that it happened.  Fans have every right to boo Manfred. 

17 minutes ago, True Grich said:

In 2020, Major League Baseball Owners gave ($20,366,365) to political campaigns.
$15,181,761 Republican (75%)
$5,184,604 Democrat (25%)

The players on the other hand...

The Players Alliance, consisting of more than 100 current and former players who have united in an effort to empower Black communities, came out in support of MLB's decision with a statement that read in part: "We want to make our voice heard loud and clear in our opposition of the recent Georgia legislation that not only disproportionately disenfranchises the Black community, but also paves the way for other states to pass similarly harmful laws based largely on widespread falsehoods and disinformation."

That’s all well and good.  Tell me how politics lean in the states that have the most valuable, money generating, franchises.