• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: NL Championship games Dodgers vs. Braves

32 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I know we hate the Dodgers but this is a dramatic series so far of momentum swings. 

Braves fans must have felt it was over after Freeman's 2-run blast in the first.

Yeah. Im the biggest dodger hater out there, but good for them. Hat tip to not only not rolling over, but also not doing it after kelly.

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Taylor is one of those average hitters who ends up shining in the postseason, which we can't seem to get to.

Walk away, Arte.

He’d probably be just like Justin Upton would in the postseason if he could just help us get there.

But he won’t.  Ever.

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Taylor is one of those average hitters who ends up shining in the postseason, which we can't seem to get to.

Walk away, Arte.

He's far better than an average hitter. 

He has a 115 OPS+ since 2017. Not to mention an average WAR of 2.8.

He's not great, but you guys are underrating him quite a bit. And he's not going to cost anywhere near what Semien will.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

He's far better than an average hitter. 

He has a 115 OPS+ since 2017. Not to mention an average WAR of 2.8.

He's not great, but you guys are underrating him quite a bit. And he's not going to cost anywhere near what Semien will.

I’d love to have him @tdawg87.  I would.  The guy is awesome, versatile, and wants to be an everyday player.

Im onboard with him, for sure

48 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not gonna lie. Had a weird feeling before the game started that it was gonna go 7 games.

I keep seeing a scenario in my head where scherzer pitches a gem.

Scherzer pitches a shutout on Saturday, setting up yet another season sending choke.

I have seen this movie too many times before.

Losing a bullpen game by nine runs with your ace starting is a whole new level of folding.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

9 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Scherzer pitches a shutout on Saturday, setting up yet another season sending choke.

I have seen this movie too many times before.

Losing a bullpen game by nine runs with your ace starting is a whole new level of folding.

How is it any different than the game before, where the Dodgers lost a game where their 20 game winner was on the mound and the Braves went with a bullpen game?  

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

I agree with the announcer. Feels like Dodgers are up 2-3 in the series. 

Its bad news with scherzer going game 6, for sure. But then again, everyone thought the braves were "done" after game 3.

I personally wouldnt count on bueller having 2 bad outings in a row. But then again, hes been pretty medicore going back to august

Signing Max will be similar signing Hamilton in this particular way.  Both Max and Josh had amazing years leading into free agency, however Josh had a poor 2nd half and was aloof in the playoffs.  Max was lights out since joining the Dodgers, until the post season.  Granted Scherzer won’t be snorting Coke off of hookers, which is his bad I guess.  If/when we sign him every bad inning he has we will get to hear, “Angels only sign washed up players” “he was showing signs of decline” “or the Dodgers were smart enough to re-sign him”. 

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Signing Max will be similar signing Hamilton in this particular way.  Both Max and Josh had amazing years leading into free agency, however Josh had a poor 2nd half and was aloof in the playoffs.  Max was lights out since joining the Dodgers, until the post season.  Granted Scherzer won’t be snorting Coke off of hookers, which is his bad I guess.  If/when we sign him every bad inning he has we will get to hear, “Angels only sign washed up players” “he was showing signs of decline” “or the Dodgers were smart enough to re-sign him”. 

Not really the same thing. Hamilton came with a ton of baggage and had an up and down career. Scherzer's picture is in the dictionary under "consistent."