• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: NL Championship games Dodgers vs. Braves

If I were an MLB manager, I would yank any pitcher who issues a walk with the bases loaded and any pitcher who throws Albert something in the strike zone. He will wave at curveballs in the dirt all day and yet pitchers still throw him stuff over the heart of the plate. 

Although something tells me this won't be an issue much longer. 

A few feet lower, Rosario has a double off the fence and the cycle. So close. I'd rather have the cycle if the score is already safe. 

Give the Braves credit. After yesterday they showed patience and poise. Urias  not the same in the playoffs as the regular season. Dodgers depth not as effective either.

Still one to go. And we know the respective playoff history of both teams.

On 10/19/2021 at 6:10 PM, AngelsFaninGA said:

The Braves only exist for comic relief in the playoffs. Just like the Twins in the AL

On 10/19/2021 at 6:02 PM, AngelsFaninGA said:

Atlanta doing Atlanta team things. Dodgers will win out from here. 

On 10/19/2021 at 6:24 PM, Jason said:

We saw this last year. The Braves just lost the series with this tonight

On 10/19/2021 at 6:40 PM, Justin said:

I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to come to a different conclusion... but I can't. That really sucked. 

On 10/19/2021 at 6:44 PM, HanfordGuy said:

Bullpen game for Braves tomorrow. Not a fan of this strategy.

22 hours ago, wopphil said:

Yeah, Braves are done. Time of 2021 season death was bottom of 8th inning today. 

I agree.

On 10/19/2021 at 5:56 PM, Revad said:

Oh that changed the entire series.  

On 10/19/2021 at 6:02 PM, AngelsFaninGA said:

Atlanta doing Atlanta team things. Dodgers will win out from here. 

On 10/19/2021 at 6:10 PM, AngelsFaninGA said:

The Braves only exist for comic relief in the playoffs. Just like the Twins in the AL

On 10/19/2021 at 6:24 PM, Jason said:

We saw this last year. The Braves just lost the series with this tonight

On 10/19/2021 at 7:48 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

From a Braves fan having witnessed this virtually every time that they make the playoffs (the lone exception being 1995), I totally agree. The Braves won't win another game. They could have put the series away tonight and they had.the.game.won. I was listening on the radio on the way home and the Dodgers were batting in the bottom of the eighth. As soon as they got two on and Bellinger came up, I just knew what was next. I wasn't wrong. By the time that the ninth rolled around I was home. My wife said that they have another shot on the ninth. I told her that nobody would hit a fair ball. I wasn't wrong then either.

I don't know why I bother. I had rather them lose the division and miss the postseason altogether than to have to put up with this shit again. And of all teams, it had to be the damned Dodgers.

I haven't been this angry after a sporting event in a very long time.

22 hours ago, wopphil said:

Yeah, Braves are done. Time of 2021 season death was bottom of 8th inning today. 

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Has the feel of a dodger offense breakout today

If @Lou was here… well, you know.

Boy that was an impressive win tonight for the Braves.  I didn’t give them much of a chance after last nights game.  The way the Dodgers won that game last night may have crushed a lot of other teams.

The Braves won a bullpen game against what some would call the Dodgers ace, and that makes it even more impressive.

With Fried going tomorrow, they have a chance to end it.  

Forgetting the series scored (3-1), dodgers are in bad shape. Tonights loss is going to be way more devastating than last nights. Dodger pitching is on fumes. Turner hurt.

@beatlesrule mentioned earlier urias was getting lit, and roberts didnt care. I think he was trying to spare as much of the pen as he could.

Gonsolin getting used (and abused) tonight is bad news for them. I assume he was one of the last guys they wanted to use tonight

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

Forgetting the series scored (3-1), dodgers are in bad shape. Tonights loss is going to be way more devastating than last nights. Dodger pitching is on fumes. Turner hurt.

@beatlesrule mentioned earlier urias was getting lit, and roberts didnt care. I think he was trying to spare as much of the pen as he could.

Gonsolin getting used (and abused) tonight is bad news for them. I assume he was one of the last guys they wanted to use tonight

Excited Season 4 GIF by Parks and Recreation

On 10/19/2021 at 7:06 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

They can. Theyre still in a great spot. Momentum absolutely shifted, but if say they lost on seagers jack in the 1st, this wouldnt "feel" as "holy shit!"

Dodgers pitching is still kind of in question. Urias going tomorrow is huge for them. But bueller and scherzer are suddenly not as automatic. Braves are more rested.

I had the dodgers going in to the series, but the braves taking the first two is still pretty huge.

See

tumblr_pjn814osfr1thr7ppo2_r2_500.jpg

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Do you think the Braves can manage to blow a 3-1 lead in back-to-back ALCS's to the same team?

I wouldnt be surprised at all if this went to game 7

But like I said, dodgers are in a real bad spot now. Theor pen is spent

Having both bueller and urias get lit is going to be pretty hard to come back from.

Buuuut....

If scherzer turns in a classic performance, and people assume bueller has two bad starts in a row, this could get bad real quick

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I wouldnt be surprised at all if this went to game 7

But like I said, dodgers are in a real bad spot now. Theor pen is spent

Having both bueller and urias get lit is going to be pretty hard to come back from.

Buuuut....

If scherzer turns in a classic performance, and people assume bueller has two bad starts in a row, this could get bad real quick

Hopefully they just put them away with the Dodgers bullpen game tomorrow.