• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

There's One Thing Left To Do

8 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Ok. I stopped thinking like that this season after the Baltimore series. 

Well there’s a ton of good teams playing for something and they don’t sweep really bad teams.  The Red Sox just lost 2 of 3 to Baltimore.  Last week Toronto lost 2 of 4 to the Twins.  Dodgers didn’t sweep the DBacks last week.  These are all teams better than Seattle losing games to teams worse than the Angels.  Sweeps happen but to expect them is ignorant. 

I'm rooting for the Mariners over the Red Sox every day of the week.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/red-sox-fan-spits-on-orioles-fan-video-roberto-alomar-01fgy38s5taw

I will always root for a Mariners team over the Red Sox.

If it means the Mariners sweep the Angels, I will root for a sweep, over the Red Sox getting in the playoffs.

I could not give two shits about Dipoto.

8 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I'm rooting for the Mariners over the Red Sox every day of the week.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/red-sox-fan-spits-on-orioles-fan-video-roberto-alomar-01fgy38s5taw

I will always root for a Mariners team over the Red Sox.

If it means the Mariners sweep the Angels, I will root for a sweep, over the Red Sox getting in the playoffs.

I could not give two shits about Dipoto.

I feel the same way, @yk9001. I'm just rooting for good games and strong performances from Ohtani, Walsh and some of our young kids on the roster...but get swept. 

There's no way I'm ever rooting for the Red Sox over the Mariners who is the lesser of two evils. 

34 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I was referring to the person who assumed we should be swept fairly easily.  

How can it be "ignorant" to hold that opinion? Angels have lost 61 games to teams .500 or better, 4th worst in baseball. Only Texas, Arizona, and Baltimore have lost more games to good teams. Angels are also 27-46 vs. the AL West, and Seattle is 9-1 in their last 10 games. They're on a roll and are highly motivated to make the postseason for the first time since 2001. They will treat these games like Game 7 of the World Series. The stadium is sold out, I believe (I could be wrong), and Maddon and co. think these games are so important they're not even letting our best pitcher take the mound. 

What could go wrong? Yes, a Seattle sweep is a fair possibility. Not "ignorant" at all to opine that.

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

How can it be "ignorant" to hold that opinion? Angels have lost 61 games to teams .500 or better, 4th worst in baseball. Only Texas, Arizona, and Baltimore have lost more games to good teams. Angels are also 27-46 vs. the AL West, and Seattle is 9-1 in their last 10 games. They're on a roll and are highly motivated to make the postseason for the first time since 2001. They will treat these games like Game 7 of the World Series. The stadium is sold out, I believe (I could be wrong) and Maddon and co. think these games are so important they're not even letting our best pitcher take the mound. 

What could go wrong? Yes, a Seattle sweep is a fair possibility. Not "ignorant" at all to opine that.

Yes, assuming it is easy to sweep a team is ignorant.  It just is.  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Using Fan Since 79's stat about the Angels being 27-46 against the AL west this year, I did a back of the napkin calculation of a Mariners sweep at 25.021%.  I understand that there are a lot more factors that go into that number.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Why always on the attack of other posters' opinions? Always with the name calling. I showed some facts that lend to a reasonable opinion that we might be swept fairly easily. We're playing badly in September if you hadn't noticed, and our lineups are more AAA than major league. I'm hoping for a small miracle in the opposite direction. Keeping our best pitcher off the mound speaks of Maddon's view of this series. 

To simply dismiss members' opinions with a pejorative like "ignorant" is lazy, in my humble opinion. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Why always on the attack of other posters' opinions? Always with the name calling. I showed some facts that lend to a reasonable opinion that we might be swept fairly easily. We're playing badly in September if you hadn't noticed, and our lineups are more AAA than major league. I'm hoping for a small miracle in the opposite direction. Keeping our best pitcher off the mound speaks of Maddon's view of this series. 

To simply dismiss members' opinions with a pejorative like "ignorant" is lazy, in my humble opinion. 

It may be lazy but it doesn’t mean it’s wrong. Also it’s a lot less lazy than saying something ignorant like, the Angels will get swept fairly easy.  That’s pretty fucking lazy.  

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

Remember the last weekend of 2013 when the Angels just needed to take one of four from Texas to eliminate them from the postseason? The Angels got swept. (Texas then lost a one-game playoff to Tampa Bay.) That was beyond frustrating. I would prefer not to see that again. 

Even worse, that last week in 1998 where Texas annihilated us in a 3-game sweep that knocked us out of first place and won them the division instead. But to have predicted that would definitely be ignorant.

There was a time when the Angels were winning, it didn't matter what other teams were doing or not doing... Trying to find some joy or satisfaction in what teams other than the Angels are doing is not any fun.

Teams I hate, win. Players I don't like, succeed.  It's better not to care.

I get it.  Watching games with some sort of vested interest has its place - but if it doesn't involve the Angels, I really don't care.

That being said... F the A's... Glad they missed the post season.