• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Justin Upton out for the season

mmc

His last three seasons have been injury plagued with an OPS+ of 91; 92; 91 and negative WAR each year: if he can come back from what seems to be a challenging back injury at his age, with the wear and tear on his body over the years, and put up over 100 OPS + it really would be an amazing comeback. I don't think he will feature much next year at all.

19 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm ready to move on from Upton yesterday. We have three other outfielders who are all significantly more valuable than him.

have you ever heard of depth?

Phil Gosselin and Jose Rojas are the Angels everyday corner outfielders right now. They'll need more than three outfielders next season.

5 minutes ago, mmc said:

5 losing seasons are amazing.  Thanks Eppler.

One thing I still wonder is how the organization would've fared and where they'd be now if Dipoto didn't resign and was the GM during the Eppler years.

He left the organization in a giant mess, with international penalties, a bloated payroll, and no farm system. What would he have done with the mess he created? Or was his plan always to create the mess and then dip?