• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Minute Maid Park

Stradling

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Heading to Houston this weekend.  I’ll head to the game on Saturday more than likely.  Any recommendations on where to sit at the game or where to eat inside and outside of the stadium?  

Go to Papa's BBQ before the game. I recommend the one on Pierce St. It isn't as crowded as the more famous BBQ joints but you may have never had better. Beef bone and link, thank me later. 

Then after the game stop by the oldest bar in Houston called LA Carafe, beer and wine only. If you are a good mixer with the locals the bartender/owner purposely forgets how many rounds you ordered and charges for maybe three of the five you drink. It's walking distance from the stadium. 

DSC_0351-scaled.jpg

Inside the stadium I sat in the second deck and they have plenty of beer and snack choices on that level. Comfortable seating and good sight lines. This stadium is way nicer than Arlington. 

8 hours ago, Tank said:

There’s a real nice Denny’s Diner just north of the ballpark. Try the eggs over my hammy.

I think “Eggs over my Hammy” was on CineMax late, late last night.  I couldn’t stay awake for it.  

Sorry Strad for going off topic.

Edited by PattyD22

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You can skip Whataburger. With so much good quisine available, why dine below the level that you supervise? 

I was planning on skipping it despite my fascination with soda soda dispensers.
I was looking at Pappa’s BBQ, it seems to be quick service because it has a drive thru.  Same place you are referring to?

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

I was planning on skipping it despite my fascination with soda soda dispensers.
I was looking at Pappa’s BBQ, it seems to be quick service because it has a drive thru.  Same place you are referring to?

Yes but the place on Pierce has a nice atmosphere for dine in. I watched as a woman ordering take out asked to see the rack of ribs she was buying and they kept bringing out rack after rack until she picked the one she liked. Very friendly customer service. 

8 hours ago, ScottT said:

The normal ones are more touchless.  In N Outs are finicky...  ie they don't work

You're talking about the soda machines you control with your phone?

I saw that for the first time a few weeks ago. Weird experience.