• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

If payrolls increased by $325 million in 2022 – a high-end estimate of what would happen relative to the previous CBA terms if the league simply accepted the union’s offer – that would mean aggregate league-wide payroll growth of 6.7% since 2017, the first year of the last CBA. That’s not an annual growth number, it’s a total – equivalent to a 1.3% annual growth rate. On a per-team basis, the difference in the two proposals works out to roughly $5.5 million in new spending in 2022 relative to last season.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Not when they strike. 

You have more faith in humanity and their intelligence than I. Do you really think most really grasp the difference anyways? Also, lets be honest, the players walk out mid season last time is why they were locked out this time. 

24 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I've felt pretty neutral to this point but I'm beginning to feel like the owners are just being dicks.  

I don't think the players have really fought for the most important things, and they are certainly guilty of trying to make up ground they only just realized they freely gave up in the last two CBAs. That said, when you look at where they are at now, this current proposal is a huge win for the owners. Mild increase in the CBT threshold, no changes to service time requirements for reaching free agency or arbitration, expanded playoffs and what have they really given up? The big get for the players in the bonus pool, but at the current numbers the value of the bonus pool is dwarfed by the added value of the expanded playoffs.

38 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I've felt pretty neutral to this point but I'm beginning to feel like the owners are just being dicks.  

38 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Owners want to break the union

21 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I don't think the players have really fought for the most important things, and they are certainly guilty of trying to make up ground they only just realized they freely gave up in the last two CBAs. That said, when you look at where they are at now, this current proposal is a huge win for the owners. Mild increase in the CBT threshold, no changes to service time requirements for reaching free agency or arbitration, expanded playoffs and what have they really given up? The big get for the players in the bonus pool, but at the current numbers the value of the bonus pool is dwarfed by the added value of the expanded playoffs.

assuming that fangraphs breakdown is accurate,  it's pretty unfortunate to see that something wasn't able to be worked out.  

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

assuming that fangraphs breakdown is accurate,  it's pretty unfortunate to see that something wasn't able to be worked out.  

The luxury tax threshold seems like the biggest thing, but doable because most teams won't be be going there.  What do the Yankees and Dodgers care.?  What do the Marlins and Pirates care?  23 owners need to agree.

Minimum salary isn't a big gap.

Super two seems doable.

Playoff teams seem flexible

I think both sides have moved.  I think the players were annoyed with the stuff that got brought up at the last minute.  Which is understandable and maybe clouded other progress.  

Edited by ScottT

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If we let golden retrievers play women's basketball, what's next? They can use women's restrooms?

You probably don’t want to allow that.  It would make things so much worse.  Have you seen the line for the women’s restroom at Coachella and Stagecoach?

20 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You probably don’t want to allow that.  It would make things so much worse.  Have you seen the line for the women’s restroom at Coachella and Stagecoach?

Oh god the smell.

12 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Oh god the smell.

If you think it through the smell could improve.  If you had lapping dogs in the ladies restroom, certainly may women would be bringing in substantial amounts of peanut butter.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Those lines wouldn't be so long if the women didn't wait till the last minute to go...