• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

12 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

No WE will not come back. You are right we can live without baseball but I for one will not be back.

Who is “we”?  You and your cat Kenny?

Baseball will be in big financial trouble without you almost buying tickets but not buying because you want cheaper tickets.

I don’t know how they survive this.

Edited by Dtwncbad

6 hours ago, mmc said:

What I don't understand is why more players aren't pushing for a salary floor.

There is and one month's paycheck is three times as much is what you would make in a year at the Honda Center. 

10 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Who is “we”?  You and your cat Kenny?

Baseball will be in big financial trouble without you almost buying tickets but not buying because you want cheaper tickets.

I don’t know how they survive this.

Many fans will not be back, you think I'm the only one that feels this way. Baseball will survive but take a big hit. Good luck with a 80 game schedule.

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Many fans will not be back, you think I'm the only one that feels this way. Baseball will survive but take a big hit. Good luck with a 80 game schedule.

Fully noted.

Now that you have made your announcement and are firm in your decision, how long will you be on this board repeating the announcement?

Obviously if you are “out” then you will surely have nothing to contribute to actual baseball conversations so why would you be here?

Just curious how you are planning the timeline of your exit from this forum?

If this is anything like 1972, it will be somewhat of a disaster.

In 1972 MLB resumed their schedule without making any adjustments and as a result of that - some teams played more games than others...

The final AL East Standings that year...

Detroit 86-70

Boston 85-70.

Boston missed the play-offs. There were no make up games.

So the cancelling of the first two series in April sets the 2022 season up for a similar scenario. All of the teams will not play the same number of games.  Some will play 5 games less, some 6 and some 7 games less.

Edited by True Grich

11 minutes ago, True Grich said:

If this is anything like 1972, it will be somewhat of a disaster.

In 1972 MLB resumed their schedule without making any adjustments and as a result of that - some teams played more games than others...

The final AL East Standings that year...

Detroit 86-70

Boston 85-70.

Boston missed the play-offs. There were no make up games.

So the cancelling of the first two series, sets the 2022 season up for a similar scenario. All of the teams will not play the same number of games.  Some will play 5 games less, some 6 and some 7 games less.

That seemed to work out just fine.

3 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Some people are making sense.   The hate for commissioners has always baffled me.

Fat guys chanting about a labor/ownership resolution process that they have nothing to do with is kinda funny.

Go to work fellas (or back to the pork rinds on the couch).

It's pathetic.  

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Fat guys chanting about a labor/ownership resolution process that they have nothing to do with is kinda funny.

Go to work fellas (or back to the pork rinds on the couch).

It is funny.   And pathetic.

4 minutes ago, ScottT said:

It's pathetic.  

It is funny.   And pathetic.

I mean seriously.  Yes we are all fans and would love to get this thing resolved so the games happen.  But I am really bewildered at how fans like this are freaking out convincing themselves they are being victimized rather than just recognizing the two sides have shit to iron out to get a new CBA.

I could see this kind of behavior in like late May maybe?

It’s March 2.  The sky is not falling and acting victimized is pretty silly.