• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Imagine thinking this is the right way to negotiate.  Owners alienated their employees and their fan base.  But this is how negotiating works, until it doesn’t. 

Dtcb is a good representation of how the owners feel about the negotiations. They don't feel that canceling games is a big deal.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

You are getting desperate in your dishonest attempts to spin yourself into a reasonable stance.

Look you have had shitty takes for probably 325 posts in this thread. If 43 days wouldn’t have solved this problem then the owners never wanted it solved and always wanted to lose games.  That isn’t negotiating in good faith. 

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Dtcb is a good representation of how the owners feel about the negotiations. They don't feel that canceling games is a big deal.

It’s not that it is or is not a “big deal.”

Maybe they just value the progress they can think they can make over the loss of a few games.

Just like the players value the progress they think they can make over the loss of a few games.

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

But he isn’t on the owners side, he said he wasn’t, regardless of post after post after post to the contrary. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Look you have had shitty takes for probably 325 posts in this thread. If 43 days wouldn’t have solved this problem then the owners never wanted it solved and always wanted to lose games.  That isn’t negotiating in good faith. 

You will never agree with me. But your post here is embarrassingly naive and baseless.

And you also threw in the “good faith” buzz word.  Congrats.

Just now, Stradling said:

But he isn’t on the owners side, he said he wasn’t, regardless of post after post after post to the contrary. 

You are blinded by your natural tendency to blame the owners.  I notice lots of fans do that.  Calling that out as I see it doesn’t make me on their side.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

You will never agree with me. But your post here is embarrassingly naive and baseless.

And you also threw in the “good faith” buzz word.  Congrats.

If 43 extra days of negotiating wouldn’t have helped then they never planned on getting a deal done without missing games. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

If 43 extra days of negotiating wouldn’t have helped then they never planned on getting a deal done without missing games. 

Fantasy.  But you emotionally need this so go ahead and live in it.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

It’s not that it is or is not a “big deal.”

Maybe they just value the progress they can think they can make over the loss of a few games.

Just like the players value the progress they think they can make over the loss of a few games.

Exactly, it's not a big deal. The loss of ~80 games of gate receipts is dwarfed by five years of a ~$10mil lower CBT threshold. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I have all but stopped caring about baseball. 

Really hard for me, as I've been a fan of the game since I was seven years old.

If we lose this season it will be very hard to handle. 

But right now I'm just angry at everyone involved in this BS. 

Looks like a delay to the season.

My take is that if it got to this point -- and now it has -- the delay is going to be a lot longer than just two series or two weeks.  I think we're looking at starting the season in mid-May to  June.

By that point, the players - especially the 90 percent of them who are not set for life - will start to crack.

Some of these players straight out of high school, with limited to no further education or working skills other than playing baseball may discover that there's a real difference between the MLB world and the regular real work a day world.

32 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Really hard for me, as I've been a fan of the game since I was seven years old.

If we lose this season it will be very hard to handle. 

But right now I'm just angry at everyone involved in this BS. 

The positive in all this is you won’t have be upset watching the Angels play like garbage