• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

They should have met at 50mil for the bonus pool; that's a huge win IMO for the player's to get since it did not previously exist. Owners get expanded playoffs at 14 & neither ends up happy with the tax threshold (maybe add $5 mill to each year of the owner's last proposal). Sounds like a reasonable compromise but greed took over and Manfred is a POS commish. Goddell catches a lot of sh*t but he serves as the owner's punching bag publicly, which is why he keeps getting retained with pay increases. What has Manfred really done for the owners in all of this? Most MLB fans blame both he and the owners as a whole. 

The real shame as a Halos fan is that we lost most of Trout in 2020 to COVID, last year to a hamstring, and this year to greed. Three shortened seasons in his prime. Assuming we get some games this year, it is going to be hard to really support MLB. I won't lie, I will watch some games but I won't be going to the stadium for the first non-COVID impacted season since I was about 4.... Granted, I live in Sacramento so it's not like I'm going to really miss my annual trips to the Colesium lol.

What a shit show this league has become.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

How much popcorn does this guy have left?  Can we get an update?

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

He's gone off the grid.  I don't know.

I think he got up to refill his medium Diet Pepsi and left the popcorn unattended.

image.gif.8aee5f4322732aff32454702379b591a.gif

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

So if the first two series are cancelled, the Angels just scored.

That eliminates six road games.

Cool.

Was literally my first thought: 'So, the Angels don't have to start yet another season in that shithole ballpark? Cool.' 

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

That’s a lot of work to communicate sarcasm.

SoUnDs FuN.

I should have explained it better because that isn't the way it's supposed to be used. My bad.

It's basically taking a statement or sentiment that has already been made regarding a certain topic and turning it into sarcasm when something happens that contradicts said statement.

For example:

Person A: Russia is not going to attack Ukrain.

*Russia attacks Ukraine*

Person B: "rUsSiA iS nOt GoInG tO aTtAcK uKrAiNe"

The only real tragedy is for the workers at these facilities that lose out on income they need.

All these other dramatic assessments are stupid.

The owners will not suffer.  The players will not suffer.  And if losing some games in the season causes you to suffer as a fan, you probably need to check in on your priorities.  The corny “we care about the game, what about the game” stuff is contrived and dishonest.  The game will be fine.

Its a labor/ownership contract dispute.  I prefer they all save the controlled, caring messaging and just say that.

We can handle it.

10 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Here's a video example of it.  Biden sarcastically putting words into his opponent's mouth,

"nOT tHaT maNY oF yOu aRe gONnA diE, sO DoN'T wOrRY aBOut iT"

Havent clicked on it -- but thats a HOF worthy pic of both of them...   You can't find a better representation of either guy.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

The only real tragedy is for the workers at these facilities that lose out on income they need.

All these other dramatic assessments are stupid.

The owners will not suffer.  The players will not suffer.  And if losing some games in the season causes you to suffer as a fan, you probably need to check in on your priorities.  The corny “we care about the game, what about the game” stuff is contrived and dishonest.  The game will be fine.

Its a labor/ownership contract dispute.  I prefer they all save the controlled, caring messaging and just say that.

We can handle it.

Closin' in on 300 posts this thread, non-caring-man!  Keep it up!

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I should have explained it better because that isn't the way it's supposed to be used. My bad.

It's basically taking a statement or sentiment that has already been made regarding a certain topic and turning it into sarcasm when something happens that contradicts said statement.

For example:

Person A: Russia is not going to attack Ukrain.

*Russia attacks Ukraine*

Person B: "rUsSiA iS nOt GoInG tO aTtAcK uKrAiNe"

So it’s a hip thing to do.  These kids nowadays.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Closin' in on 300 posts this thread, non-caring-man!  Keep it up!

Stick to this contrived narrative.  It’s fun.

I like baseball and would like some baseball.  Don’t really care who “wins” this dispute because fundamentally it’s not really any of my business.  The lack of baseball has me here chatting to fill the time.  Having an opinion about topics at hand and being fine with whatever they ultimately work out is not the same as people who really do care who gets what in these talks.

But you can spin that any way you like if it’s what you need to get through these talks.

5 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Remember that time when some idiot said this is the way negotiations go? 

Haha!  This is.  They still have work to do.  If they can’t reach an agreement yet with actual games at risk, you are DELUSIONSAL to think they could have reached agreement over coffee in December.

Edited by Dtwncbad