• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

They’ve spent more time in 1 day negotiating than they have in 5 months total. Bet they wish they had those 10 minute meetings back. If they couldn’t handle it all, just schedule 1 section a week to hash out terms on? You know…like actual  businessmen? 

12 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

What a bunch of dickheads. How about negotiate in good faith instead of having to be up all night on a self imposed deadline? This is negotiating for dummies playing out in front of everyone. 

What a total crock this post is.

They are not dickheads for negotiating  intensely to make progress with a deadline looming.  That’s how things work in the real world.

And this constant complaint about them not negotiating in good faith??  OMG just because a fan gets uncomfortable wanting to see a deal done doesn’t mean anybody is not negotiating in good faith.

If there is a book called Negotiation For Dummies, please find it and I will buy it for you.

Edited by Dtwncbad

The proof is in our faces. Why the foolish rejection of the real world example playing out before us?

The progress is being driven by the deadline, and the whining that all this could have been done months ago is nonsense.

At some point don’t you have to open your eyes and acknowledge what actually happens in real life?

image.gifBUT BUT BUT I WANTED IT DONE MONTHS AGO!!!!!!!

Edited by Dtwncbad

11 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

What a total crock this post is.

They are not dickheads for negotiating  intensely to make progress with a deadline looming.  That’s how things work in the real world.

And this constant complaint about them not negotiating in good faith??  OMG just because a fan gets uncomfortable wanting to see a deal done doesn’t mean anybody is not negotiating in good faith.

If there is a book called Negotiation For Dummies, please find it and I will buy it for you.

You’re right wtf do I know…I’ve only been involved in multi million dollar contracts that effect the lives of tens of millions of people. 

Let me know when you want a lesson in how real negotiations work. Not pretentious MLB owners who are only looking out for themselves.

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

You’re right wtf do I know…I’ve only been involved in multi million dollar contracts that effect the lives of tens of millions of people. 

Then why are you so dense on how serious negotiations often go?

Edited by Dtwncbad

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Then why are you so dense on how serious negotiations often go?

You don’t leave the negotiation after 10 minutes if you’re doing it in good faith. 

real negotiations have short term and long term deadlines and are outlined properly. This is a shit show with a bunch of owners pretending to take their ball and go home.

8 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Let me know when you want a lesson in how real negotiations work. Not pretentious MLB owners who are only looking out for themselves.

Uh, I think the “realest” negotiations you can get are when each side is looking out for themselves (and have to work it out).

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

You don’t leave the negotiation after 10 minutes if you’re doing it in good faith. 

real negotiations have short term and long term deadlines and are outlined properly. This is a shit show with a bunch of owners pretending to take their ball and go home.

The time of a meeting is not proof of lack of “good faith.”

I mean I know “negotiating in good faith” is the most common phrase that pops into people’s heads on the subject of negotiations, but that doesn’t mean the phrase applies to everything you see.

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

Are you being serious or sarcastic? 

Joking.  Both sides will end up with plenty for everyone to be rich.  That doesn’t mean I don’t think they should hash it out seriously, I am just poking at the reality that the outcome will not end up bad for either side.

Edited by Dtwncbad

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Joking.  Both sides will end up with plenty for everyone to be rich.  That doesn’t mean I don’t think they should hash it out seriously, I am just poking at the reality that the outcome will not end up bad for either side.

Good lol. 

At some point the two sides will have a deal.

Serious question:

Do you just want a deal done so baseball can happen, or are you legitimately entrenched on one aide of a particular issue?

If so, what is that issue that matters so much to you?

I would just like to see a deal get done.  I don’t really care about the details of what they are haggling over. You could flip a coin on each individual detail and I would be “ok whatever.”

Edited by Dtwncbad