• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Our attendance increased from 1994 to 1995.

...because the Angels were in the playoff hunt, as I'm sure you know.  Overall MLB average attendance declined by over 6,000K per game from '94 to '95.  The Angels were one of only 3 teams to increase in '95 (by a whopping 279 people per game, btw) and two of those teams (Red Sox and Angels) were bad in '94 and then good/playoff contenders in '95.

5 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Seems like both sides have a lot moved more today than they did the last three months... and this will get figured out fairly soon.

Deals don’t happen without a deadline of some sort…..

There's billions of dollars to be shared here among owners and players. What's the problem?!

Just compromise already and get something done!

WTH, you've been at it for months. We don't need 12-hour negotiating days and weeks, and maybe several more months. Just get the damn thing done and play ball. Make your millions and enjoy it, players. Make your billions and keep adding to your profits, owners.

1 minute ago, ScottT said:

lol @ assuming five minutes is a bad thing.  or... funny?

I just thought it was amusing that it was initially framed as "Session No. 7."  Makes it seem like it's going to be some grueling marathon.  I wasn't commenting on whether it was good or bad.

Just now, mmc said:

They feel the more playoff teams there are = less encouraged owners will be to spend

I would think having more teams in legitimate playoff contention would result in more owners "going for it".