• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

"Sides still very far apart on key aspects..." 

Sigh...so frustrating. 

Either they'll get a deal done very soon through some miracle of compromise by both sides, or Opening Day will be sometime in July.  This is really absurd. If they assume the fans will remain loyal after this fiasco, they're full of it.

I'm not clear on what "expanded postseason" means. Will they be playing the World Series in the second week of November? 

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Say hello to 14 teams in the post season. 

The league is doing quite a bit to sap my enjoyment from the game. We'll see how it plays out over the next few years. Let's hope it works out better than it did for my NBA fandom.

If we're the 7th team from the AL to make the postseason....

we'll all be here, fired up to watch. 

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

It took years for the fans to come back after the debacle of 1994. We'll see. There are so many more sources of entertainment now, and games in person are so damn expensive. 

But yeah, I'll probably hang in there, as baseball's in my blood. 

Our attendance increased from 1994 to 1995.

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

It took years for the fans to come back after the debacle of 1994. We'll see. There are so many more sources of entertainment now, and games in person are so damn expensive. 

Yep. Avg attendance in 1994 was a little over 31K.  Didn't meet or exceed '94 levels again until 2006 (though it was fairly close in a few individual years).  In 2019, it was at just over 28K.