• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

New proposal says that if an international player is drafted in the first third of a round, and by his third year year finishes among the top 20% of WAR for his position, the player has the option to accept a 125% multiplier on his arbitration settled salary, but the team will then be able to add one year of control prior to free agency, provided they have maintained a team salary within 85% of the luxury tax threshold for at least three consecutive seasons.  The “bonus” arbitration amount for the player would also serve as a dollar for dollar credit against that teams portion of the new separate arbitration bonus pool, provided they commit to paying over slot for at least 60% of their picks in the draft that immediately follows. 

2 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo to any possibility of doing this dance again in two years.

I'm still not convinced they are going to get anything done this year.....

It's obvious Cohen is snarking against his fellow owners.

I don't think we should be surprised if the single wealthiest owner (and clearly has the highest liquidity to his assets) is in favor of raising CBT thresholds to whatever the PA is asking for.

I would guess Cohen is ready to run his team budget beyond revenues.