• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

24 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Haha!  This is.  They still have work to do.  If they can’t reach an agreement yet with actual games at risk, you are DELUSIONSAL to think they could have reached agreement over coffee in December.

Are you that dense? That’s exactly the point. They shouldn’t have been having 20 min meetings in December. There should have been actual dialogue with targeted benchmarks. This is laughable. It just might be going right over your head. 

16 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Are you that dense? That’s exactly the point. They shouldn’t have been having 20 min meetings in December. There should have been actual dialogue with targeted benchmarks. This is laughable. It just might be going right over your head. 

You don’t get it.

@Dtwncbad a smart guy once posted...

On 3/20/2019 at 11:29 AM, Dtwncbad said:

But my dad always said read the room.

The room says my instant interest in moving on is not in step with everyone else.

So be it.

When your wife said yes to your proposal, how much time did you spend calling up all the buffoons that said you would never get married versus spending time with your fiance?

Whatever.  Read the room, right?  I am alone on it.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Nobody said that.  You are embarrassing yourself.

You’ve said all along this is the right way to negotiate.  Own it.  You said this wouldn’t have been solved if they spent the entire time negotiating.  Lots of us said waiting six weeks wasn’t negotiating, you told us we were wrong. So forgive me (or don’t) for taking a shot at you, when you’ve been “that guy” the entire thread.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

You’ve said all along this is the right way to negotiate.  Own it.  You said this wouldn’t have been solved if they spent the entire time negotiating.  Lots of us said waiting six weeks wasn’t negotiating, you told us we were wrong. So forgive me (or don’t) for taking a shot at you, when you’ve been “that guy” the entire thread.  

OMG you are being a child.  I argued with YOUR dumb stance that all they had to do was start sooner.

I said this is how I would expect normal (serious) negotiations to occur.

I never said that it was guaranteed no games would be lost.

Be honest for Gods sake.

OK let’s take inventory.

We have a couple already identified.

Exactly how many other fans are actually emotionally bothered so much by some games being cancelled that they have to quickly find someone to spend their childish anger on?

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Obviously this is a significant set back.  My concern here is that now that a deal could not be reached we’ll see an ultra hardening of positions.  This could go on a while.  Shit sucks. 

Unfortunately maybe.  I just hope this will just be an episode where both sides really wanted to make sure they left nothing on the table.

Hopefully they find some new flexibility and figure it out now that more is at stake.