• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

I am sure the agents are the guys behind pushing the salary cap higher. They only make as much money as teams spend so how do they increase revenues when they've negotiated to the ceiling of the top buying teams? Increase the cap.

The Marlins and A's of the league don't give a shit about a $250 million dollar cap. But the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox... all of those teams are trying to avoid that tax. And once that is lifted they will spend to that limit like a bunch of drunken OC housewives.

And agents win. 

4 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I couldn’t care less about that.

My stance is rooted in we have divisions, and weighted schedules where you play your own division more.  So if you are comfortable taking all the division winners, the same exact philosophy would make it perfectly fine to take the top two in each division.

The goal of this would be to create the most number of meaningful, exciting individual games down the stretch. . . Since the schedule goes division heavy in the last month.

If I got hung up on your exact point, then just ditch the divisions altogether, have everyone play the same schedule and just take the top 6 teams.

There shouldn't be weighted schedules with wildcard teams.