• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

1 minute ago, ScottT said:

It's not the lamest.  Paying younger players more should happen. 

The gap is nothing, though.  Let's fucking go.

Sorry but the difference between being paid $675k and $700k for a 24 year old is pretty meaningless.

If you disagree..... oof. 

Players negotiated the previous CBA's.   Much like the US Women's Soccer team.   Difference is, one can't sue for "equal pay"

I said it was the lamest and most meaningless of the individual issues. I didnt say $25k isn’t real money and I certainly didn’t say anything about equal pay with women.

I don't know what you're saying.  

I'm saying this is progress.  It's seemingly small differences.  Its gonna happen soon.

And I am saying the minimum salary issue is probably where “progress” is needed the least.  The mlb minimum is right in line with other major sports.  It’s fine that the union wants to inch it up, of course.  I expect them to get what they can get.  No objection.  Just saying I don’t see any injustice in mlb in this area that needs any hectic demands to correct.

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

The Angels fighting with six other teams for that third Wild Card spot will be fun. 

If it’s going to be 6 playoff teams from the AL, why not keep it simple and just have top 2 in each division?

This seems like a more organic playoff race when you are only competing with teams in your own division down the stretch.

I hate looking at the standings with all the little x’s and y’s.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

If it’s going to be 6 playoff teams from the AL, why not keep it simple and just have top 2 in each division?

This seems like a more organic playoff race when you are only competing with teams in your own division down the stretch.

I hate looking at the standings with all the little x’s and y’s.

Interesting idea. It's like every division has a Wild Card.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Interesting idea. It's like every division has a Wild Card.

Starting Sept 1, 19 of the team’s last 28 games are against teams in the AL West.  
Do we prefer the Angels are fighting Seattle  for a spot with head to head games or do we really prefer a wildcard system where we are scoreboard checking on the Guardians?