• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Seriously?

I mean, I think so.  Not really that big a difference between that and 91 wins.  I’m just saying it goes both ways.  Teams that don’t deserve it make it in the bigger tournament and teams that probably do deserve it don’t in the smaller format.  I can accept the merits of either.  Like I said, not a huge issue for me. 

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean, I think so.  Not really that big a difference between that and 91 wins.  I’m just saying it goes both ways.  Teams that don’t deserve it make it in the bigger tournament and teams that probably do deserve it don’t in the smaller format.  I can accept the merits of either.  Like I said, not a huge issue for me. 

I mean I understand feeling sorry for the 100 win Giants missing the playoffs but a 90 win team is whatever. At that level you can say a team really should’ve just played better.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I mean I understand feeling sorry for the 100 win Giants missing the playoffs but a 90 win team is whatever. At that level you can say a team really should’ve just played better.

I just feel like if we’re going to do the tournament then 8 teams, 12 teams, 14 teams.  Whatever.  These expanded formats work in other sports.  It’ll work fine for baseball as well.  I appreciate the smaller formats as well.  Hell I think that the old whoever wins the pennants plays in World Series has some merit we can argue over.  Not my preference tho. It sounds like 12 teams is what we’ll get.  Good.  That’s a reasonable meeting in the middle.  I sort of alluded to it in my other post.  What I don’t like are the one game playoffs.  It’s fine for a tie breaker.  But as an actual playoff thing.  I hate it.  We need the playoffs to be 5 games minimum imo. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think a deal is going to happen either tonight or tomorrow. A full 162 will be played. 

So weird.  Is there any explanation as to how like 80% of the progress has happened in the last minute with a deadline (with actual implications) looming?

This is baffling.

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

So weird.  Is there any explanation as to how like 80% of the progress has happened in the last minute with a deadline (with actual implications) looming?

This is baffling.

Yes because they took 43 days off. They could have easily said the deadline was the day pitchers and catchers report. But they chose not to. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes because they took 43 days off. They could have easily said the deadline was the day pitchers and catchers report. But they chose not to. 

Maybe they should have just waited until yesterday to lock them out and then gone into tonight dealin’ to getter dun in one day.

In all seriousness if this were the day before pitchers and catchers report, everyone would have gone home after negotiating session 1 today.

Edited by Dtwncbad

28 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I just feel like if we’re going to do the tournament then 8 teams, 12 teams, 14 teams.  Whatever.  These expanded formats work in other sports.  It’ll work fine for baseball as well.  I appreciate the smaller formats as well.  Hell I think that the old whoever wins the pennants plays in World Series has some merit we can argue over.  Not my preference tho. It sounds like 12 teams is what we’ll get.  Good.  That’s a reasonable meeting in the middle.  I sort of alluded to it in my other post.  What I don’t like are the one game playoffs.  It’s fine for a tie breaker.  But as an actual playoff thing.  I hate it.  We need the playoffs to be 5 games minimum imo. 

I actually like expended playoffs if they still maintain significant advantages for winning more games or your division. Instead we get “winner chooses his opponent!”