• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

Just now, True Grich said:

You've become a troll.

Millionaires and billionaires fighting over these petty issues while the people who pay for their product just want to see some f'ing baseball. I'm sorry for feeling frustrated.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

I would think having more teams in legitimate playoff contention would result in more owners "going for it".

Doubtful.  If almost half the teams get into the playoffs, there's no real financial incentive to spend more, since doing so gives you an "advantage" (if you believe spending more=better team) over fewer teams.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Millionaires and billionaires fighting over these petty issues while the people who pay for their product just want to see some f'ing baseball. I'm sorry for feeling frustrated.

Apology accepted. 

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Doubtful.  If almost half the teams get into the playoffs, there's no real financial incentive to spend more, since doing so gives you an "advantage" (if you believe spending more=better team) over fewer teams.

Sure there is, to beat out teams that are right behind you. 

Just now, Lou said:

No, I'm not. 

"Teams that are right behind you" sounds like mid-season.  But ok...What I said in my initial reply still applies.  There's been no evidence in any sport that I'm aware of that increasing the number of playoff teams directly leads to an increase in overall spending on player salaries.

I can’t say that I care that much about the 14 team thing.  Sure, it’s kind of annoying thinking about a near .500 team or worse making the playoffs.  It’s also annoying imo when an 87 or 89 win team doesn’t make it.  Don’t do 1 game playoffs, 5 game series in the early going.  That will help wash out the teams that don’t deserve to go forward.  If it’s too many games for the players then shorten spring training and cut up to 10 games out of the regular season. 

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

"Teams that are right behind you" sounds like mid-season.  But ok...What I said in my initial reply still applies.  There's been no evidence in any sport that I'm aware of that increasing the number of playoff teams directly leads to an increase in overall spending on player salaries.

Is there evidence that it doesn't?