• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

Still amazed what I read on this board.

We now have the idea that pre-arb released players should continue to be paid like they are guaranteed arb/FA contracts being taken seriously on this board.

Barry Bonds never officially retired, so should he be still getting paid league minumum by the Giants?  If not, why not? 

Don't emote; offer a logical explanation why that is wrong but the Angels should still pay the likes of Kean Wong in 2022 until another team puts him on their 40-man roster.

Edited by Lazorko Saves

5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I am just 1 voice in the NFU fans that really the love the game. I am on the boycott committee of NFU.

Sounds legit.  How much  are your union dues?

Are they aligned with a credit union for good new car finance rates?

Do you get decent short and long term disability?

Or is it really just a stupid club of out-of-touch fans jerking themselves off thinking they will accomplish something?

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Sounds legit.  How much  are your union dues?

Are they aligned with a credit union for good new car finance rates?

Do you get decent short and long term disability?

Or is it really just a stupid club of out-of-touch fans jerking themselves off thinking they will accomplish something?

NFU is hoping for a new an agreement can be reached and are waiting for response from Manfred's office regarding letter sent to him by NFU. This letter was sent in response to letter Manfred sent to fans. As of now I would not purchase tickets for April as who knows when season will start if at all. 

7 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

NFU is hoping for a new an agreement can be reached and are waiting for response from Manfred's office regarding letter sent to him by NFU. This letter was sent in response to letter Manfred sent to fans. As of now I would not purchase tickets for April as who knows when season will start if at all. 

Here is the “agreement”. . .

When MLB owners and players resolve the details of the new CBA, be a fan or don’t.

I don’t think you need a letter from them to understand this, so you?

8 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Still amazed what I read on this board.

We now have the idea that pre-arb released players should continue to be paid like they are guaranteed arb/FA contracts being taken seriously on this board.

Barry Bonds never officially retired, so should he be still getting paid league minumum by the Giants?  If not, why not? 

Don't emote; offer a logical explanation why that is wrong but the Angels should still pay the likes of Kean Wong in 2022 until another team puts him on their 40-man roster.

Who is making this argument?

5 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Which side stands to lose more money? Pretty sure it's the players. The billionaire owners are holding the cards. As a fan, that means the MLBPA are the ones that are letting it go this far. Still time to play ball as scheduled.

I know who wins, money wise.  Fans!

Cheers, ladies and gentlemen!

9 minutes ago, Taylor said:

People become owners of professional sports franchises because it's a highly profitable venture. They don't do it out of the goodness of their own hearts, or simply because they "love the game" or whatever.

How do you know this?