• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

48 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I love how you assume Ohtani wants an extension now. . . instead of after another stellar year (putting his “fragile, handle with care” tag behind him) where he would be offered substantially more.

When did you guys have that conversation?

And I also really love that if Arte would just open up his books to you, then you could for sure guide him to run the team better.

Keep us posted on both.

After 6 losing seasons I think most on AW think they can do that. Ohtani has stated no talks between him and Angels.

On 2/20/2022 at 1:59 PM, Angels 1961 said:

This is for Ohtani who Artie is robbing

I always thought that the people arguing for pre-arb players to be paid market rate really have zero credibility unless they also argue against guaranteed contracts.

Want Ohtani to be paid what he's worth right now?  Okay.  Then Upton and Rendon also get paid what they are worth right now.

1 hour ago, Lazorko Saves said:

I always thought that the people arguing for pre-arb players to be paid market rate really have zero credibility unless they also argue against guaranteed contracts.

Want Ohtani to be paid what he's worth right now?  Okay.  Then Upton and Rendon also get paid what they are worth right now.

Owners sign players to these horrible long term deals. Owners need to control this practice.

11 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

What negotiations he was under team control, Artie and halos low balled him

Low balled him? You’re silly. He showed potential but his actual production wasn’t yet very impressive. He was also coming off of TJ surgery, or did you forget that. What did you want them to pay for a player with great promise but a small major league resume? 

There’s nothing preventing them from negotiating a new contract at any time, especially if he repeats his production from last season. You’re being very irrational about this, like the halos are deliberately trying to cheat him (and there’s zero evidence of this outside of your own mind). 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You guys should stop responding to Angels 1961 and just see him as hilarious.

That's why I put him on ignore.  I wouldn't even know he was here if people didn't respond to him. 

At a certain point, it's easier to not read any of his crap.

5 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

If guys like Ohtani are paid what they are worth, then guys like Upton would end up being paid less.

10 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If guys like Ohtani are paid what they are worth, then guys like Upton would end up being paid less.

The union is trying to get a pool of money in what I'm saying now. Greedy owners sign these horrible long term deals it's their own fault. Tampa always low payroll they seem to being doing OK. Owners just raise prices on everything to pay for their mistakes.

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

Tampa always low payroll they seem to being doing OK.

Can you make up your mind please?

One second you say owners are terrible and greedy and need to pay players more, and 10 seconds later you cite Tampa Bay as a positive model where they consistently pay less.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Can you make up your mind please?

One second you say owners are terrible and greedy and need to pay players more, and 10 seconds later you cite Tampa Bay as a positive model where they consistently pay less.

Most owners greedy as treatment of minor league players, Tampa an example of being smart and not signing players to horrible contracts which fans pay for in higher prices

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Most owners greedy as treatment of minor league players, Tampa an example of being smart and not signing players to horrible contracts which fans pay for in higher prices

Median income in Tampa Bay is $53k.

Ave Rays ticket price is $56.

Median income in OC is $98k.

Ave Angel ticket price is $63.

If you do the math, the only conclusion is Arte is extremely generous in his ticket prices compare to Tampa Bay.

But that indisputable math doesn’t fit your narrative does it?

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think this guy has mixed up the consumer/merchant relationship with the labor/ownership relationship.  

the negotiating for what you get is done before you fork over your cash pal !

Fans that care are showing up. I support this movement, screw the greedy owners who do not care about the fans. 

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think this guy has mixed up the consumer/merchant relationship with the labor/ownership relationship.  

the negotiating for what you get is done before you fork over your cash pal !

People thought I was crazy for mentioning a boycott on AW. Real fans are upset. FANS UNION join the many people losing money because of lost spring games fight back against greedy owners