• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Max Scherzer openly discussed the horror of minor leaguers eating Taco Bell at his dinner table last night.

E9425183-F021-44CA-BBD0-36732E681800.jpeg

***I forgot to mention he talked about this right after he went off on owners for not paying him enough to eat two of these meals.

Minor leaguers need to unionize with help from their big brothers in the MLBPA. They have different needs than the Major Leaguers.

The fact that owners are bitching that they want to cut what amounts to one or two major league minimum salaries from their minor league payroll is a joke. 

Minor league ball should be independent and not only affiliated with the clubs. This take it down to 4 levels thing is a joke. I don't think they realize that there are government officials ready to take away their anti-trust exemption if they kill more minor league ball.

Paying the wages of all 180 minor league players plus maybe 30 club players, amounts to less than $5M per year total. If they pay them a living wage, it's gonna be somewhere close to $10M per, or one Jose Quintana, one Matt Harvey, one Cody Allen, etc.

I don't understand why they don't pay them in ST either.

Baseball is flush, and while I think this is a negotiation tactic, increasing wages, and building dorm style housing for 200 guys should not be that tough.

Providing nutritional meals and training equipment is also a no brainer. 

If I were Arte, especially with all the bad press the Tyler Skaggs trial is getting, plus the bad press on the Angels Stadium sale, I would be announcing that I was building player dorms / training facilities in each of my minor league cities with the help and cooperation of those teams owners, and the same thing in Tempe.

I can't imagine land being expensive in some of the minor league cities, but the basic dorms should cost maybe $8M, max? that's 50k per unit, which is pretty high if it's dorm style, and low if its apartment style.

***I forgot to mention he talked about this right after he went off on owners for not paying him enough to eat two of these meals.

Real quick, I understand that you're anti-player, but you do realize the average owner net worth is 3.5 Billion, which is 3,000 times the average player salary? There's a lot more lobster dinners among the owners than any player.

They also are worth 1 million times the average monthly player salary in the minors.

Both sides want the best deal, and neither cares about the fans. 

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

Real quick, I understand that you're anti-player, but you do realize the average owner net worth is 3.5 Billion, which is 3,000 times the average player salary? There's a lot more lobster dinners among the owners than any player.

They also are worth 1 million times the average monthly player salary in the minors.

OMG who said I was anti-player??  Not even a little!

The vast majority of the points I make are to illustrate how silly it is for people to just automatically blame the owners (almost exclusively) for everything, often because their actual emotional relationship is with the individual players.

It is healthy to recognize the players are just as “greedy” as the owners.  

31 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Here is the answer to your question about billionaire owners.  They are benevolent, generous and considerate. Please make a note of it for future reference.

On 2/12/2022 at 9:05 AM, Dtwncbad said:

I can’t even begin to understand this automatic vitriol toward “CEO’s” or “billionaires.”

I don’t personally know any billionaires but I know plenty of CEOs and multimillionaires.

Generally speaking they are mostly kind and generous and considerate and they don’t make every business section based on what ends up in their pocket.  Some I know get basically ALL of their joy from providing opportunity and a path to building wealth for others because 1). They can, 2). Why not?, and 3). It makes them feel really good personally that they play a role in other people’s success.

They still insist on hard work and performance (making sure the opportunity goes to people who want to earn it).

Anyway this automatic demonization of people with wealth in the private sector is just weird to me.

Yes there are asshole CEOs, who exploit their workers.  And there are full blown asshole front line hourly workers who exploit their employers.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Why is the average owner net worth relavant to the average player salary?

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

Here is the answer to your question about billionaire owners.  They are benevolent, generous and considerate. Please make a note of it for future reference.

I don’t know any baseball owners.  You are mixing up conversations.

Those comments are about the predictable vitriol on every subject that results in knee jerk attacks CEOs and billionaires.

Please make note of it for future reference. 

I don’t know any baseball owners.  You are mixing up conversations.

Those comments are about the predictable vitriol on every subject that results in knee jerk attacks CEOs and billionaires.

Please make note of it for future reference. 

Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

The net worth is somewhat public, whereas their annual income Is not. People tend to blame players even though they didn’t strike because they have public salaries. Especially the highly paid ones… I know one current major leaguer who lives in my town in the off-season as he’s married to a sister of a friend. I’ve met him once. While he’s wealthy, it’s not fuck you money and he’s been in the league a while. He’s not a star, (around 7 WAR) and has played for quite a few teams in 10 year career. His house is really nice but not over the top. 

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

The net worth is somewhat public, whereas their annual income Is not. People tend to blame players even though they didn’t strike because they have public salaries. Especially the highly paid ones… I know one current major leaguer who lives in my town in the off-season as he’s married to a sister of a friend. I’ve met him once. While he’s wealthy, it’s not fuck you money and he’s been in the league a while. He’s not a star, (around 7 WAR) and has played for quite a few teams in 10 year career. His house is really nice but not over the top. 

Dexter Fowler is your neighbor?