• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

I could literally solve these issues in one negotiation session, issue by issue, one by one. 

They seem far apart because the media likes the drama. 

In reality, they could solve this in a few days.

14 team playoff with increased playoff bonus pool. 

Universal DH

Substantial increase in 1-2-3 year player minimum salaries, 650/725/800 with possible raises above minimums with a 300M bonus pool, but no more Super Two players, arbitration at four calendar years of service or three full years, which ever is sooner, or age 27 1/2. Arbitrators are allowed to set median number in addition to selecting club or player proposal.

Luxury Tax Penalties increased, per owners, but actual tax line set at 220 in 2022, 225 in 2023, 230 in 2024, 235 in 2025, etc. Tiers reduced to 2, tax payer tier, and super penalty tier, 50M above. (270, 275, etc).

Who says no?

Just now, Hubs said:

I could literally solve these issues in one negotiation session, issue by issue, one by one. 

Universal DH

Substantial increase in 1-2-3 year player minimum salaries, 650/725/800 with possible raises above minimums with a 300M bonus pool, but no more Super Two players, arbitration at four calendar years of service or three full years, which ever is sooner, or age 27 1/2. Arbitrators are allowed to set median number in addition to selecting club or player proposal.

Luxury Tax Penalties increased, per owners, but actual tax line set at 220 in 2022, 225 in 2023, 230 in 2024, 235 in 2025, etc. Tiers reduced to 2, tax payer tier, and super penalty tier, 50M above. (270, 275, etc).

Who says no?

Go settle it then. I want baseball to start.

7 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

That's too many postseason teams. Makes the regular season less meaningful.

It's a give and take. I am probably more in favor of them going to 12, but more postseason baseball isn't a bad thing.

I also want two more franchises, to go to 32 and two divisions of 8 per league. Then winning division means something.

16 minutes ago, Hubs said:

It's a give and take. I am probably more in favor of them going to 12, but more postseason baseball isn't a bad thing.

I also want two more franchises, to go to 32 and two divisions of 8 per league. Then winning division means something.

I like this.  It would give baseball back to the Montreal market, they deserve it.  And Vegas.  Professional sports in Vegas is working incredibly well.  I think baseball would thrive there, with a domed stadium, of course.  

It would also leave the Carolinas for a team like Tampa, with a lousy ballpark and a small fanbase.  

3 hours ago, Hubs said:

Universal DH

Who says no?

Your Hired. 

We need to get Spring Training started so that we can have a Baseball season. 

Or I'm going to have to get into following the USFL..........

13 hours ago, Taylor said:

In before dtwn explains why this is the players' faults.

You don’t clearly see that the MLBPA isn’t committed to the minor league players?

Wow.

The minor leaguers are not part of the union and the union barely barely does anything on their behalf.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

What brings more disappointment loss of spring games now or lack of interest in Tyler Danish thread?

I am doing fine with the loss of Spring Training games.  I am normally fired up about the ST games and then after about three games I just want the regular season to start. . . So I end up feeling like the rest of ST is just something to endure to get to the real games.

57 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You don’t clearly see that the MLBPA isn’t committed to the minor league players?

Wow.

The minor leaguers are not part of the union and the union barely barely does anything on their behalf.

The M means major in MLBPA.

Good thing the billionaire owners are just like you describe or the minor league players would be screwed.

14 minutes ago, eligrba said:

The M means major in MLBPA.

Good thing the billionaire owners are just like you describe or the minor league players would be screwed.

You don’t think the amount of resources that have to go to the major leaguers has any effect on what is left for minor leaguers?

The MLBPA (just as you noted) is interested in getting every dime they can in their pockets, to the detriment of the minor leagues.

If this were not true, they would openly and formally include the minor leaguers into their union and share with them what they secure in their negotiations.

Nope.  Major leaguers deliberately EXCLUDE them from their riches.

Edited by Dtwncbad