• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

More so the owners, as the players already gave up some things in the previous CBA 

if this is how the MLBPA is coming at the owners then we likely won't even have a season.  

if the players missed an opportunity last time in anticipation of making it up this time, they're stupid.

the owners are going to work off of the current CBA as a template because they should build on one another with progressive and appropriate modifications.  If the players think they're going to blow this one up and essentially start over then this is going nowhere for a long time.  

I try not to immediately take the side of the owners, because I know there are good arguments on both sides. But what are the players so concerned about? Good players are making $40 mil a year, and middle relief guys are making more in a year than most people do in a lifetime. Is that really not enough? 

What I find so hypocritical about the union is that they prioritize free agency dollars over everything else (even though so few of them ever get to free agency). If they are really concerned about the young players, why not focus your negotiation strategy on raising the floor rather than the already high ceiling. 

31 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I try not to immediately take the side of the owners, because I know there are good arguments on both sides. But what are the players so concerned about? Good players are making $40 mil a year, and middle relief guys are making more in a year than most people do in a lifetime. Is that really not enough? 

What I find so hypocritical about the union is that they prioritize free agency dollars over everything else (even though so few of them ever get to free agency). If they are really concerned about the young players, why not focus your negotiation strategy on raising the floor rather than the already high ceiling. 

You've identified the concern of the players

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just as long as they aren’t the matches that last for several hours.

T20 cricket lasts about three to fours hours tops, with a ball in play every 40 seconds or so, which is pretty much the same pace of play as baseball but without the 5 and 6 hour marathon games that go 15 innings. In T20 there's a 'super over' of 6 balls each to decide a tied game - most runs scored in the super over wins.

There are a lot of similarities between the two games. If the season is delayed try the IPL in India. A brilliant tournament that runs from April to June and great fun to watch.