• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't know where else to post this because I'm staying far away from the political forum.

I went to public school. Barely graduated. Looked into some community colleges but ultimately decided they were pointless.

Currently making just over $12 an hour. Don't think community college would change that significantly.

I'm not very intelligent, or well-educated. But I try. I'm not salty about you guys who are far more well off than I am. You earned what you have. 

I just wish I could make more to support myself.

Millionaires. Billionaires. Pointless to argue the merits of their situations coming from my point of view. They all suck as far as I'm concerned. And they're equally guilty to me.

You're in the healthcare field, right? Are there ways for you to get additional certifications that would help your career? How about finding employment where there are opportunities to advance and thus, increase your income? 

One thing i would suggest is to have more faith in yourself. You are not dumb. Far from it. There comes a point where you have to believe in yourself and your abilities. You need to work on any areas you feel you are deficienct. 

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't know where else to post this because I'm staying far away from the political forum.

I went to public school. Barely graduated. Looked into some community colleges but ultimately decided they were pointless.

Currently making just over $12 an hour. Don't think community college would change that significantly.

I'm not very intelligent, or well-educated. But I try. I'm not salty about you guys who are far more well off than I am. You earned what you have. 

I just wish I could make more to support myself.

Millionaires. Billionaires. Pointless to argue the merits of their situations coming from my point of view. They all suck as far as I'm concerned. And they're equally guilty to me.

so I don't know if this is the best place to respond to this, but you're selling yourself way short.  Way way short.  I know a ton of people who are 'well educated' who can't put two sentences or tertiary thoughts together as you do nor have the wit and charisma that you have. 

A degree in something.  anything.  Is often a pure formality and sometimes not even necessary.  Plumbers, Electricians, Security Guards, Flight attendants, and most importantly, sales are all things that don't require a degree. 

You have something that most of the half wits with advanced degrees can't touch.  You're likeable.  People believe you.  People want to 'be around' you.  Some would say that's difficult to glean from a message board.   But I don't think so. 

If I were to give you some advice, I would say just start.  Stop thinking about time and the idea that it's gonna take x years for this or that.  Just get on a path.  4 years.  7 years.  10 years.  Who gives a shit.  Start. 

And bear in mind that you have you will always have something that most people don't.  The ability to sell.  To sell yourself.  That's not a learnable skill and most jobs require it in order to be successful. 

I'm partially successful at what I do because I'm good at the technical component (which is an absolute requirement for my job and not most jobs), but I am a salesman at heart.  I sell myself everyday.  I sell what my company is about.  I get people to believe me because I believe in myself and what I do and what we're about.  I shoot them straight and if they don't like it then so be it.  Most jobs are like that.  Getting people to buy in on what you've bought in on.  I read people for a living and you've got that.  I would be surprised if I was wrong about you.

It's not as daunting as you think.  And it's not always about whether you think a CC (for example) is going to help you with some esoteric skill.  It's not about that.  It's about doing it.  Who gives a shit what what you learn or how well you do in some class with a teacher who burned out somewhere else or on the flip side you find one that has this passion for teaching.  The school, the major, the class, the information is not the point. 

None of that is gonna matter for most people in most jobs.  What's ultimately going to matter is you.  And you can be my wing man any time. 

page accepting GIF     

42 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

so I don't know if this is the best place to respond to this, but you're selling yourself way short.  Way way short.  I know a ton of people who are 'well educated' who can't put two sentences or tertiary thoughts together as you do nor have the wit and charisma that you have. 

A degree in something.  anything.  Is often a pure formality and sometimes not even necessary.  Plumbers, Electricians, Security Guards, Flight attendants, and most importantly, sales are all things that don't require a degree. 

You have something that most of the half wits with advanced degrees can't touch.  You're likeable.  People believe you.  People want to 'be around' you.  Some would say that's difficult to glean from a message board.   But I don't think so. 

If I were to give you some advice, I would say just start.  Stop thinking about time and the idea that it's gonna take x years for this or that.  Just get on a path.  4 years.  7 years.  10 years.  Who gives a shit.  Start. 

And bear in mind that you have you will always have something that most people don't.  The ability to sell.  To sell yourself.  That's not a learnable skill and most jobs require it in order to be successful. 

I'm partially successful at what I do because I'm good at the technical component (which is an absolute requirement for my job and not most jobs), but I am a salesman at heart.  I sell myself everyday.  I sell what my company is about.  I get people to believe me because I believe in myself and what I do and what we're about.  I shoot them straight and if they don't like it then so be it.  Most jobs are like that.  Getting people to buy in on what you've bought in on.  I read people for a living and you've got that.  I would be surprised if I was wrong about you.

It's not as daunting as you think.  And it's not always about whether you think a CC (for example) is going to help you with some esoteric skill.  It's not about that.  It's about doing it.  Who gives a shit what what you learn or how well you do in some class with a teacher who burned out somewhere else or on the flip side you find one that has this passion for teaching.  The school, the major, the class, the information is not the point. 

None of that is gonna matter for most people in most jobs.  What's ultimately going to matter is you.  And you can be my wing man any time. 

page accepting GIF     

In Love Reaction GIF

39 minutes ago, cals said:

If I had to choose one AW member to be stranded on a desert isle with I think @tdawg87 would be at the top.  At least close.  

(I might roll the dice with @Taylor since I’m like 60% sure when I got his pants off there would be a vagina.  Of course if I was wrong and there was a little penis I’d have to listen to all his misguided opinions forever for no reason.)

60%?

Bear in mind that if he did have a vagina, he wouldn't take his pants off for you.  

23 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

We're getting dangerously close to a debate on capitalism.

Not really. The agreement between MLB owners and players has nothing to do with capitalism, and that's the major thing that is wrong with it. MLB is a government sanctioned monopoly that essentially grants MLB owners the power to define the terms of professional baseball in this country. The only thing they have to compete with are leagues operating outside of the US.

23 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

You want to be honest about this?

Short term it would be brutal.  Immediately they would be “scabs” because they wouldn’t be the best players (who would be sitting at home).

But in probably 5-6 years they wouldn’t be scabs.  They would be the next generation of the best players out there.

So you would be fine with the owners cutting the best players in the world out of pro baseball all in the service of making themselves more money? 

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

So you would be fine with the owners cutting the best players in the world out of pro baseball all in the service of making themselves more money? 

Who said that?

I only commented on someone else suggesting “bringing on the scabs” as if it would destroy the game.

In a nutshell all I think on this is the game would survive.

I am not rooting for any particular party make more or less money.  I really don’t care how much owners and players make.

Edited by Dtwncbad

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Who said that?

I only commented on someone else suggesting “bringing on the scabs” as if it would destroy the game.

In a nutshell all I think on this is the game would survive.

It might, in the sense that I think it's possible that the owners would make more money in the long run. They could simply go back to paying players a few thousand a month during the season, all the best athletes would choose other sports and the talent level would plummet, but the game would still be the game.

Im fairly sure that this is the attitude the owners have.

41 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It might, in the sense that I think it's possible that the owners would make more money in the long run. They could simply go back to paying players a few thousand a month during the season, all the best athletes would choose other sports and the talent level would plummet, but the game would still be the game.

Im fairly sure that this is the attitude the owners have.

I don’t think the owners would want to go that extreme.

Just shooting the shit here, I would think it would be bringing in AAA players for whatever period of time is necessary and pay them $500k-$1m a year with ways for the best players to make more than that.

In 5-6 years there would be top tier talent players (those that would have been good major leaguers anyway) reaching the age to be among the “replacement players” and they would just play.

So at some point the owners still have the best players in the world on the field and the game moves on.

And along the way some would negotiate better deals and there would be some kind of free agency at some point and it resolves itself.

My guess (and again I am not rooting for this to happen) is the owners are just fine in the end.  The fans are fine in the end.  And whatever players fill in (and the subsequent top tier players that join as the next crop) end up just fine.

The group that ends up the losers overall are the players that couldn’t reach an agreement and were replaced.

I just know in all likelihood, I am ultimately following the Angel Jersey. . . In games playing the Yankee jersey. . . In games played at Angel stadium and Yankee stadium.

The current group of players have the most to lose long-term if they really want to play chicken.

Edited by Dtwncbad

6 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t think the owners would want to go that extreme.

Just shooting the shit here, I would think it would be bringing in AAA players for whatever period of time is necessary and pay them $500k-$1m a year with ways for the best players to make more than that.

In 5-6 years there would be top tier talent players (those that would have been good major leaguers anyway) reaching the age to be among the “replacement players” and they would just play.

So at some point the owners still have the best players in the world on the field and the game moves on.

And along the way some would negotiate better deals and there would be some kind of free agency at some point and it resolves itself.

My guess (and again I am not rooting for this to happen) is the owners are just fine in the end.  The fans are fine in the end.  And whatever players fill in (and the subsequent top tier players that join as the next crop) end up just fine.

The group that ends up the losers overall are the players that couldn’t reach an agreement and were replaced.

I just know in all likelihood, I am ultimately following the Angel Jersey. . . In games playing the Yankee jersey. . . In games played at Angel stadium and Yankee stadium.

The current group of players have the most to lose long-term if they really want to play chicken.

I think if the salaries plummet you'll see the athletes choose different sports. The smart kids will go into the sciences. Again, the fans don't really notice the decline in talent after four or five years and the owners don't really care, because, as you said, people are rooting for the jersey.

https://theathletic.com/3126165/2022/02/11/mlb-argues-for-minor-leaguers-to-remain-unpaid-in-spring-training-citing-life-skills-gained/

LOL....

MLB argues for minor leaguers to remain unpaid in spring training, citing life skills gained

A Major League Baseball lawyer said in federal court Friday that minor league players should not be paid during spring training, because they should be considered trainees. The argument was part of a broader push by MLB to toss an eight-year-old lawsuit brought by Aaron Senne and other minor leaguers over their compensation.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

https://theathletic.com/3126165/2022/02/11/mlb-argues-for-minor-leaguers-to-remain-unpaid-in-spring-training-citing-life-skills-gained/

LOL....

MLB argues for minor leaguers to remain unpaid in spring training, citing life skills gained

A Major League Baseball lawyer said in federal court Friday that minor league players should not be paid during spring training, because they should be considered trainees. The argument was part of a broader push by MLB to toss an eight-year-old lawsuit brought by Aaron Senne and other minor leaguers over their compensation.

That's ridiculous.  

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

The best part -- their argument is essentially..   "do you know what you have to pay to get that sort of instruction from baseball academies?"

Honestly the funniest thing I've ever seen printed regarding labor stuff..  

The idea that trainees aren't paid is laughable.

Oh, and fans still have to pay to watch these guys play in ST games. 

11 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

LOL....

This is a rich CEO wet dream.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

LOL....

Seems like a bad time to try and make an argument like that. You are trying to paint the players as the greedy, unrealistic party in the court of public opinion, meanwhile...

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Seems like a bad time to try and make an argument like that. You are trying to paint the players as the greedy, unrealistic party in the court of public opinion, meanwhile...

I really think the owners just don't give a shit.  Not sure they're interested in anything more than maintaining their current cash cow as much as possible and will always continue to look for way to do that regardless of the optic.   I think they've realized that most people don't really seem to care enough to stop paying for their product.