• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

We're getting dangerously close to a debate on capitalism.

You mean where some people just don’t realize that new wealth can actually be created, and that it is fundamentally flawed to view it as trying to fairly “distribute” a finite amount of wealth?

You know the bodybuilders out there “control too much” of the muscle tissue in our society causing others to be weak and skinny. (If you don’t get the analogy, my bad)

No, I don’t think anything posted here would trigger any discussion on capitalism.

50 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You want to be honest about this?

Short term it would be brutal.  Immediately they would be “scabs” because they wouldn’t be the best players (who would be sitting at home).

But in probably 5-6 years they wouldn’t be scabs.  They would be the next generation of the best players out there.

So you think killing Major League Baseball for 5 or 6 years is a viable option.  You’re entitled to that opinion I guess.  

and 5 or 6 years.  That’s an extremely optimistic hope for what would happen.  I doubt it would go like that.  

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

So you think killing Major League Baseball for 5 or 6 years is a viable option.  You’re entitled to that opinion I guess.  

and 5 or 6 years.  That’s an extremely optimistic hope for what would happen.  I doubt it would go like that.  

I hope we will never know.  But it does look like we could disagree on this.  If they couldn’t reach an agreement and the owners decided to bring in other players, I think the owners would suffer and survive but would be fine on the long run.

Again I really am not rooting for this to happen.

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The whole argument is stupid anyway the idea that owners can just do baseball without the union wait it out for years until they completely break the union is i am sorry .  Completely retarded.  It’s just a ridiculous concept. 

...but at least there was no analogy this time, so we could just immediately see how bad his point was. 

Overwhelming Victory – Part 1 – Harbor Church

I don't know where else to post this because I'm staying far away from the political forum.

I went to public school. Barely graduated. Looked into some community colleges but ultimately decided they were pointless.

Currently making just over $12 an hour. Don't think community college would change that significantly.

I'm not very intelligent, or well-educated. But I try. I'm not salty about you guys who are far more well off than I am. You earned what you have. 

I just wish I could make more to support myself.

Millionaires. Billionaires. Pointless to argue the merits of their situations coming from my point of view. They all suck as far as I'm concerned. And they're equally guilty to me.

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:
  • MLB revenues have soared from $8.2 billion in 2015 to over $10.7 billion in 2019, a 30 percent increase
  • Player salaries have decreased by 6.4 percent, with the average salary declining from $4.45 million to $4.17 million during the span of the current CBA.

Holy heck, the financial ignorance on the part of the SB Nation writer here is amazing.

Point 1: 8.2b to 10.7b in 4 years is 6.88% CAGR.  You might arguably call that "decent" or "solid" growth, but "soared" is a ridiculous loaded term that is wildly misleading for that level growth rate.

Point 2: You cannot purport to measure total salary outlays by comparing "average salary".

I stopped reading at that point.  The article is clearly garbage.

Edited by Lazorko Saves

56 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't know where else to post this because I'm staying far away from the political forum.

I went to public school. Barely graduated. Looked into some community colleges but ultimately decided they were pointless.

Currently making just over $12 an hour. Don't think community college would change that significantly.

I'm not very intelligent, or well-educated. But I try. I'm not salty about you guys who are far more well off than I am. You earned what you have. 

I just wish I could make more to support myself.

Millionaires. Billionaires. Pointless to argue the merits of their situations coming from my point of view. They all suck as far as I'm concerned. And they're equally guilty to me.

You’re not stupid.