• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

On 12/5/2021 at 4:05 PM, Lou said:

I remember when a bunch of you guys were bitching about all new stadium advertising. 

It's not even mentioned now. 

I still hate it. A lot of guys here are probably too young to even know the difference.

I do like the fact that Angels Stadium is no longer Edison Field.

Edited by True Grich

Advertising is one of the most irrelevant things I’ve come across. It’s more annoying than it is effective. Nobody gives a shit about what you’re selling and putting it on a jersey doesn’t make me think, “damn trouts jersey has a patch of some all natural deodorant made from fairy pubes, I should buy that”

oh look I giant Chevrolet sign by the bathroom, I need to buy a new car…no I’m thinking damnit that 3rd beer made me have to piss again. Get the hell out of my way idiot.

12 hours ago, Lou said:

Ha. There were a bunch of guys bitching about it.

I have to deal with it for ABC that wants all stadium advertising wiped off of any venue we shoot at. The S&P department had fits this season when MLB told them they couldn't use the Twins stadium for a shoot and remove paid for advertising and there was a Jack Daniels sign clearly visable behind the pitchers mound. ABC has some wierd rules about hard liquor advertising and demanded we use other angles to avoid the signage but there was none. 

In the same show they went to the Vikings stadium and the NFL wanted all references to the team painted out including the Viking Logo mid field along with all of the advertising.

So, yeah, stadium advertising is really a pain in the ass in my line of work. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I have to deal with it for ABC that wants all stadium advertising wiped off of any venue we shoot at. The S&P department had fits this season when MLB told them they couldn't use the Twins stadium for a shoot and remove paid for advertising and there was a Jack Daniels sign clearly visable behind the pitchers mound. ABC has some wierd rules about hard liquor advertising and demanded we use other angles to avoid the signage but there was none. 

In the same show they went to the Vikings stadium and the NFL wanted all references to the team painted out including the Viking Logo mid field along with all of the advertising.

So, yeah, stadium advertising is really a pain in the ass in my line of work. 

Ok, but that's not what we're talking about here.